Hardware Unpatched Switch with BSOD

xIce101x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriends switch got BSOD the other day. She was playing Animal Crossing and put the console to sleep. It would not wake up from sleep. Hard reboot the console and it shows a blue screen. I already tried reflowing the SoC and both RAM chips with no success. My next guess is the emmc is corrupt. The console will not boot Hekate payload, screen just stays black. Fusee boots to a glitchy screen and will not load atmosphere. SX payload boots to black screen with boot.dat on the SD and without the SD it boots to boot.dat? image. This switch was never modified and has no NAND back up. Is there anything that can be done to save it or should we just cut our losses and buy a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

001A02F3-A934-4F67-B29E-0E2006E1D783.jpeg

I added a picture of what fuseeprimary payload comes up with on screen maybe it can be of some help.

Last edited by xIce101x,

peepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The corrupted emmc cannot cause those lines. I had one with the same exact issue. It will be one of 3 things ram chip 1 ram chip2 or soc. to test: take off the cpu shield boot to the screen above or try biskeys.bin. Now begin pressing on different parts of each chip one at a time. If when pressing the chip the colours change or it fixes it then thats the chip that is having the issue. I had to reflow my memory twice because I didnt hit it good enough. The second time Ii also pushed down on top of the broken ram chip and fixed it. This is 100% a graphics issue. emmc bluescreen would show the screen being fine but it would be hard or impossible to mount sd card and you probably wouldnt be able to boot hekate but you wouldnt get any artifacts.

Reactions: xIce101x

xIce101x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The corrupted emmc cannot cause those lines. I had one with the same exact issue. It will be one of 3 things ram chip 1 ram chip2 or soc. to test: take off the cpu shield boot to the screen above or try biskeys.bin. Now begin pressing on different parts of each chip one at a time. If when pressing the chip the colours change or it fixes it then thats the chip that is having the issue. I had to reflow my memory twice because I didnt hit it good enough. The second time Ii also pushed down on top of the broken ram chip and fixed it. This is 100% a graphics issue. emmc bluescreen would show the screen being fine but it would be hard or impossible to mount sd card and you probably wouldnt be able to boot hekate but you wouldnt get any artifacts.
I tried pressing the chips already with no difference in screen. Hekate boots to black screen the only payloads I can get to show anything on the screen are fuseeprimary and sxos. I’ll try reflowing it again and pressing on the chips. If that doesn’t work maybe one of the chips went bad and I have to replace it.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried pressing the chips already with no difference in screen. Hekate boots to black screen the only payloads I can get to show anything on the screen are fuseeprimary and sxos. I’ll try reflowing it again and pressing on the chips. If that doesn’t work maybe one of the chips went bad and I have to replace it.

May be a long shot but check all the Display connectors and make sure they are in snug.

atavol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting normally gives me a blue screen error and booting hekate is black but other payloads show up like the photo in the OP

I had the same problem with my bsod switch which booted to black screen with hekate. It only booted to hekate when i changed the sd card brand i was using. Hekate my have issues with certain sd cards so try a different one and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse