ROM Hack Unpack DSiWare games

Xeeynamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to unpack and data-mine the content of a DSiWare game (Rayman 1) that I purchased on my 3DS long time ago. I have the .tmd and .app files. The app file seems to be decrypted, but I have no idea how to use it. Another well-welcomed option would be to convert it to a NDS file and debug the game through NO$GBA.

Any good soul that can point the solution to me?

Xeeynamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For DSiWare *.cia, the *.app is just the renamed DSiWare *.nds rom. Just change the file extension, and it should be good to play in NO$GBA.

I cannot believe that the solution was under my nose all the time, thanks! I still cannot execute the rom through any emulator (Desmume and No$GBA), but at least I am now able to unpack the rom and analyse its content!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot believe that the solution was under my nose all the time, thanks! I still cannot execute the rom through any emulator (Desmume and No$GBA), but at least I am now able to unpack the rom and analyse its content!
The only emulator I found that partially works with DSiWare *.nds roms is NO$GBA. It requires DSi bios files put in the same folder where NO$GBA.EXE is in:
  • biosnds7.rom (16 KB - 1280F0D5)
  • biosnds9.rom (4 KB - 2AB23573)
I've tested Zelda 4 Swords before on NO$GBA v2.9b with no success using save states and in-game saving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl +1