Misc University wifi connection

JusDaMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if university wireless connections allow the DS or PSP to go online to play wifi games. I can't seem to get my psp to go online via web browser. maybe im missing something?

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure it does. You just gotta set up the settings correctly. Do basically everything you would do if you were setting up a laptop to work.

Of course, I think some universities close specific ports... maybe yours closed one you need?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot universities do close certain ports especially for stuff like IRC file transfer and P2P, normally a quick change sorts this but it is not so easy for the DS/PSP.

Some also implement some form of login (either upon aattempted access or via special software) and/or mac address filtering which will screw any plans up.
Normally if you have a word with someone in tech support/computer services you can come to some form of arrangement (a lot of universities will not restrict common areas as heavily but in places like libraries you will come unstuck).

Failing that you could buy a wireless adaptor and use a laptop/PC, not the best solution but it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: