wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
UniqueGeeks.Net Save Converter
Update
ugnsc61410.jpg

UniqueGeeks.net has updated their online save converter. This update features custom Action Replay DSi/Media Edition game names and descriptions, custom save size bit and byte displays, alphabetical sorting, and user profile settings.

Help the Developer said:
As for my offline version, I need some people to contact me (admin{at}uniquegeeks.net) about collecting GameIDs and titles (under 23 characters) for an upcomming feature previously mentioned in the changelogs. (Ex. ASME: Super Mario 64 DS)

icon11.gif
 Save Converter
discuss.png
Discuss

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one has more save types than the other one. Only problem is I tried to convert some save files, specifically Pokemon HG and Platinum after they couldn't be read by PokeSav, but this keeps giving the same error. I tried converting them from SuperCard DS ONEi to AKAIO, as SC DS 1i has the same save format as the DS TWO. At least, I believe that as the DS TWO can take the DS ONE's saves and use them.

Another problem is that I tried to use the offline converter, but kept getting errors whenever I started it. I can continue running the program, but I won't see any conversion options.

Whatever the problem is, I just want to be able to use this.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is better than Shuny's, but it is buggy with the games Dimesional mentioned. I can run the offline version fine though.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
shuny is more stable i think and this has more features and types
The more types are only an illusion. THere are only 5 types, just more options beyond that.

QUOTE(Dimensional @ Jun 14 2010, 07:06 PM) This one has more save types than the other one. Only problem is I tried to convert some save files, specifically Pokemon HG and Platinum after they couldn't be read by PokeSav, but this keeps giving the same error. I tried converting them from SuperCard DS ONEi to AKAIO, as SC DS 1i has the same save format as the DS TWO. At least, I believe that as the DS TWO can take the DS ONE's saves and use them.

Another problem is that I tried to use the offline converter, but kept getting errors whenever I started it. I can continue running the program, but I won't see any conversion options.

What kind of errors are you getting?
As for your save files not recognised by Pokesav, Email them to me and I may be able to help.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UniqueGeek said:
Dimensional said:
This one has more save types than the other one. Only problem is I tried to convert some save files, specifically Pokemon HG and Platinum after they couldn't be read by PokeSav, but this keeps giving the same error. I tried converting them from SuperCard DS ONEi to AKAIO, as SC DS 1i has the same save format as the DS TWO. At least, I believe that as the DS TWO can take the DS ONE's saves and use them.

As for your save files not recognised by Pokesav, Email them to me and I may be able to help.
Well, it's because the save format is for my SuperCard DS TWO. I don't think PokeSav can handle that format as of yet, so it will need an update, or the converter, which I can't seem to get working, needs to be used. As for the error, it's complicated. The offline version has a Microsoft .NET Framework error, like it can't load a dependency or something, while the online one seems to continue having an error stating 'Specified argument was out of the range of valid values', with a Stack Trace for debugging below it.

Oh, and I'm running the offline version on my Windows 7 Pro.

Edit: I just noticed that the readme files says I need a .dll file, but it's not in the download I got. The download is from the official site where the converter is from. I downloaded it 4 times and I still don't see the .dll file.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Dimensional said:
UniqueGeek said:
Dimensional said:

Well, it's because the save format is for my SuperCard DS TWO. I don't think PokeSav can handle that format as of yet, so it will need an update, or the converter, which I can't seem to get working, needs to be used. As for the error, it's complicated. The offline version has a Microsoft .NET Framework error, like it can't load a dependency or something, while the online one seems to continue having an error stating 'Specified argument was out of the range of valid values', with a Stack Trace for debugging below it.

Oh, and I'm running the offline version on my Windows 7 Pro.

Edit: I just noticed that the readme files says I need a .dll file, but it's not in the download I got. The download is from the official site where the converter is from. I downloaded it 4 times and I still don't see the .dll file.
I thought I fixed that. That's what I get for forgetting to add it the first time.
I updated it (official page) and feel very very annoyed. I realise I forgot it, fixed it, then realised that it was still not working...

The newest version should work. Contact me if it doesn't

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works. I just still can't get the pokemon saves to work. As I said, they are formatted for the SuperCard DS TWO. I'll send you both files so you can use them for analysis.

The closest I can find that would possibly work would be converting from the SuperCard DS ONEi format, but the resulting always is an empty file

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Dimensional said:
It works. I just still can't get the pokemon saves to work. As I said, they are formatted for the SuperCard DS TWO. I'll send you both files so you can use them for analysis.

The closest I can find that would possibly work would be converting from the SuperCard DS ONEi format, but the resulting always is an empty file
Most of those saves are the same. I'll say it again: there are only 5 real save formats, one of them the R4 format with a different extension, making it 4, and all those using the R4 format are RAW, just a different size, making it 3 (RAW, Desmume, and ARDSi/ME)

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UniqueGeek said:
Dimensional said:

Most of those saves are the same. I'll say it again: there are only 5 real save formats, one of them the R4 format with a different extension, making it 4, and all those using the R4 format are RAW, just a different size, making it 3 (RAW, Desmume, and ARDSi/ME)
Okay, that's weird. Earlier my save files wouldn't work, but now they do. I guess that means you don't have to analyze the files I sent you. These are the unconverted files.

Edit: I was testing it on PPSE, which can't read them, so that might have been the main reason, but that wouldn't explain why PokeSav couldn't read the files at first.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
Dimensional said:
Exbaddude said:
Which format for R4 Wood? :C
I would assume it's still R4 format, but to be honest I don't know as I don't own an R4.

Hmm...
Because the saves I'm converting aren't working.
ohnoes.png
Okay, I did a quick google search and the first thing that popped up was a GBATemp forum post about R4 Wood. Here it is: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219894

Saves:
Wood R4 supports RAW format save files named ROM-NAME.nds.sav. You will need to rename your save files in order to make use of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo