Hacking uninstalling wiinja, is it difficult?

jonm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just ordered a Wiinja V2, as I've heard no complaints about DREs for it and it should work great with my launch console. What I'm wondering about though is how difficult will it be to remove. I'm a bit of a noob to this, can I just cut the wires and tape them up? will leaving the wires there affect my console in any way?

I wouldn't normally even consider removing a modchip but since I have a PAL console (and we get screwed on release dates) I would much prefer a region free chip.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi m8 its easy as pie uninstalling it, even easier if u install into a socket
smile.gif

jonm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smile.gif

Right I just got my V2 and I think I know what you mean now. It came with what I guess is a socket, looks like a bigger version of the V2 chip, that the winja can sit in. I'm assuming I can wire this up to the soldering points and then by just removing the chip from the socket I have uninstalled the wiinja, and could then just place another chip into the socket and that could use all the original wiring. Is that correct?

sorry for being a n00b!
shy.gif

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

Right I just got my V2 and I think I know what you mean now. It came with what I guess is a socket, looks like a bigger version of the V2 chip, that the winja can sit in. I'm assuming I can wire this up to the soldering points and then by just removing the chip from the socket I have uninstalled the wiinja, and could then just place another chip into the socket and that could use all the original wiring. Is that correct?

sorry for being a n00b!
shy.gif

sounds good to me

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to do a "temporary" installation by just putting duct tape on the wires and the circuit board to make them stand in place? I am planning to build a Chiip, but I think it would only be a temporary solution until something better, so if I only use tape instead of solder, it would be much easier to remove (...but a lot less solid, I know).

Do you think it would be possible to do this? (I'm a REAL noob... ^^")

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to do a "temporary" installation by just putting duct tape on the wires and the circuit board to make them stand in place? I am planning to build a Chiip, but I think it would only be a temporary solution until something better, so if I only use tape instead of solder, it would be much easier to remove (...but a lot less solid, I know).

it MIGHT work but you would get a shitty connection that could cuase problems i dont see why everyone is waiting for cheaper chips how can you beat 35 for a chip

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, thats a terrible idea because its unworkable. There's no way you can ensure you are getting a good connection using duct tape.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I thought! ^^"

I'm not really confident in my soldering skills, but I will practice a lot and wait before I install a modchip (...and by this time, a better chip will certainly come out
smile.gif
).

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

This is exactly what I did. Put a socket in just incase you would like to upgrade to the newer wiinja chip.

I am glad I did it since they just released the new DELUXE version. I am happy with my V2 for now though.

One thing I noticed is that my wiinja came without a sticker on it... just a plain chip in a wiinja box...

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
The socket is a good idea, but of course will only work with future chips which have the same number of pins, and which use the same pins connected to the same locations on the board. So probably a good idea for Wiinja upgrades, but don't expect other chips to work on the same socket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello