Hacking Uninstalling IOSes question

xViridian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, ATM, I'm trying to uninstall stub IOSes to get MyMenuify to work. However, I'm confused. After I uninstall an IOS, do I install it again via DOP-Mii and it'll work? Also, if you can tell me specifically which IOSes I'd need, thank you.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for stub IOSs, you can uninstall them then that is it. No replacement is needed for a stub since it does nothing as the name suggests.

stuff like DOP-Mii will tell you if the IOS is a stub so you can uninstall the correct ones. I did not think MyMenuify needed stub IOSs removed to work though.

Last edited by driverdis,

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Nonononono don't uninstall Stub IOS - it will cause problems (even if they "do nothing"). You just need a cIOS (249 I think) and have to patch the .app for your system menu with a .mym and install the newly created .csm with MyMenuify (ModMii can do this).

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nonononono don't uninstall Stub IOS - it will cause problems (even if they "do nothing"). You just need a cIOS (249 I think) and have to patch the .app for your system menu with a .mym and install the newly created .csm with MyMenuify (ModMii can do this).

Since when does uninstalling stubs cause problems?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might get a System Update message, since the system will detect a "newer" version of the stub (which is no longer installed) is available. Running System Update will reinstall the stub IOSes.

Other than that, it won't cause any problems.

Reactions: Brawl345

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.