Uninstalling IOSes question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xViridian, Mar 18, 2017.

1. xViridian
    OP

xViridian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    So, ATM, I'm trying to uninstall stub IOSes to get MyMenuify to work. However, I'm confused. After I uninstall an IOS, do I install it again via DOP-Mii and it'll work? Also, if you can tell me specifically which IOSes I'd need, thank you.

2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    for stub IOSs, you can uninstall them then that is it. No replacement is needed for a stub since it does nothing as the name suggests.

stuff like DOP-Mii will tell you if the IOS is a stub so you can uninstall the correct ones. I did not think MyMenuify needed stub IOSs removed to work though.

Last edited by driverdis, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Nonononono don't uninstall Stub IOS - it will cause problems (even if they "do nothing"). You just need a cIOS (249 I think) and have to patch the .app for your system menu with a .mym and install the newly created .csm with MyMenuify (ModMii can do this).

4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Since when does uninstalling stubs cause problems?

5. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You might get a System Update message, since the system will detect a "newer" version of the stub (which is no longer installed) is available. Running System Update will reinstall the stub IOSes.

Other than that, it won't cause any problems.

Brawl345 likes this.