OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Gamma loader and I followed this guide:

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html

I didn't really plat any games as my burner wasnt' working and since I'm not gonna get a new one for a while i want to uninstall everything i did when i installed the gamma loader how do i do that? please someone help me! I know i downgraded the wii as part of one of the steps but i think some patches and other stuff was installed too...please how do I safely uninstall everything?

Please I'm new at this stuff and I'd really appreaciate if someone was kind enough to guide me through the process

****Update****
someone suggested updating and then trying to remove the IOS249 file file but i was not able to remove the IOS249 file, so for other people looking for a solution you should wait until someone else gives more suggestions...I don'tt hink IOS249 affects anything but it's still there...for now, since it doesnt seem to be affecting anything, I've just decided to leave it there...let's wait for more comments and suggestions...

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
simple way is to delete the channel in the data options, and use anytitledeleter to delete IOS249.

Could you please explain further...Im not really good at this, I'm a noob...aslo...I never installed any new channel I had finished step 2 of phase 2 in the guide (http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html) when i changed my mind...so can you please help a little bit more

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Do you want to get rid of the hombrew channel? If so, delete it in data options. Just upgrade to get rid of everything else.

well I wouldn't mine getting rid of the HC as I can reinstall it again and I do use it, but if you check the guide I used there were other steps to downgrade and then to install cIOS, I think more stuff was installed in the wii...so how can i make sure everything will go away? I'm sorry I'm just a noob at this kind of stuff...

Posts merged

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jan 27 2009, 11:03 PM) Do you want to get rid of the hombrew channel? If so, delete it in data options. Just upgrade to get rid of everything else.

well I wouldn't mine getting rid of the HC as I can reinstall it again and I do use it, but if you check the guide I used there were other steps to downgrade and then to install cIOS, I think more stuff was installed in the wii...so how can i make sure everything will go away? I'm sorry I'm just a noob at this kind of stuff...

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
everything was installed to the system menu. Upgrade, and use anytitle deleter to delete ios249. Thats all you need to do.

Wii's system menu?...so the first step is to upgrade or update right? I guess i have to go to wii setting and do a system update from nintendo right?...then i have to run the anytitledeleter, which i guess i have to download and run from the Homebrew channel...to then delete ios249.

was ios249 the only thing stalled in my wii when i followed the guide i showed you? or was there anything else installed sorry for keep repeating and asking the same over and over again i just want to make sure i do this right...

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There were some other hacks installed, but they will be wiped with the upgrade. Only thing you need to do is delete IOS249 afterward (and the homebrew channel if you dont want that)

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
There were some other hacks installed, but they will be wiped with the upgrade. Only thing you need to do is delete IOS249 afterward (and the homebrew channel if you dont want that)

Ok, so the upgrade will take care of all the other things that were installed...great...thanks, I'll try this later I hope it works...not to doubt you lol I'm just a little nervous...I don't want to brick my wii

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Villanjo said:
HaniKazmi said:

Ok, so the upgrade will take care of all the other things that were installed...great...thanks, I'll try this later I hope it works...not to doubt you lol I'm just a little nervous...I don't want to brick my wii

Only way you can brick your wii is if you delete something except IOS249, or power off while updating.

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Villanjo said:
HaniKazmi said:

Only way you can brick your wii is if you delete something except IOS249, or power off while updating.

Ok, thank you very much, I will try this as soon as I get home...meanwhile would anybody else like to add anything else? some suggestion or anything?

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Villanjo said:
HaniKazmi said:

when using the app to delete IOS249, IOS249 is located in system titles right? i don't want to delete the wrong one

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making this post... for some reason I had a feeling that if I posted no one would give a straight answer.

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
Thanks for making this post... for some reason I had a feeling that if I posted no one would give a straight answer.

No problem, but I tried what he said and for some reason i can't delete the ios249 any help?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Always be careful deleting things - its a lot easier to brick a wii deleting things than it is installing things - if your unsure , leave it alone ,

Use this as a guide :
It wont harm the wii in any way by being there , it may by removing it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Villanjo said:
FireFreek said:

No problem, but I tried what he said and for some reason i can't delete the ios249 any help?

You prob updated first and then tried to remove it - but by updating u have disabled all most of your abilities to change ur system - just leave it there - its way too risky to downgrade now to remove it and then upgrade again since your unsure of what your doing. Messing like this is the easiest way to brick a wii - seriously , if it works , let it alone.

Just remove the channels using the wii menu.

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Always be careful deleting things - its a lot easier to brick a wii deleting things than it is installing things - if your unsure , leave it alone ,

Use this as a guide :

so do you think i should just leave it there? won't it do anything to the system or anything? what about in the future?
I've been trying to delete the ios249 but the app won't do it for some reason...is there any other way to delete it?

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Villanjo said:
FireFreek said:

You prob updated first and then tried to remove it - but by updating u have disabled all most of your abilities to change ur system - just leave it there - its way too risky to downgrade now to remove it and then upgrade again since your unsure of what your doing. Messing like this is the easiest way to brick a wii - seriously , if it works , let it alone.

well the other guy said I should update update first...that's why i did it...so i guess i'll just leave it there...anyone else has any other suggestions?

Villanjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Villanjo said:
djtaz said:
Villanjo said:
FireFreek said:

well the other guy said I should update update first...that's why i did it...so i guess i'll just leave it there...anyone else has any other suggestions?

I'm updating my original post so that other people asking for help know what has happened so far...anybody else has any other suggestions?

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:

Use this as a guide :

Well then I guess I'll just leave it there and do the RiiskiMod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1