Uninstalling cIOSCORP 3.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gamer220, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009

Uninstalling cIOSCORP 3.2 by gamer220 at 4:54 PM (1,087 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gamer220
    OP

Newcomer gamer220 Advanced Member

Australia
    I understand in order to uninstall cIOSCorp you need to reinstall the original IOSs. I realized after I installed the cioscorp that I could of used FS. dumper to backup my original IOS. But I did do a NAND backup using bootmii before installing CIOSCORP. So I Am wondering am I able to just use my NAND backup or do I have to just use NUS downloader. The reason I ask is because I heard conflicting information regarding if you can use the NAND dump or not.

If I can't and need to use the NUS downloader. Can someone explain step by step what values I need to put in to use the NUS downloader. I've only used it once before and I just copy and pasted the values needed that I found in a guide.

I appreciate any help. Hopefully I can use the NAND backup bc it will make it so much easier.

Oh and the reason I am uninstalling it is because I just got a 1tb hard drive and have no need for cioscorp anymore. Plus I hear that cioscorp really fucks with the system and can cause headaches down the road.

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    just revert back to your old nand that's what I do have 2 nand backups on my sd one with CIOSCORP and one that was made just before installing CIOSCORP

3. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just run ios downgrader unless ur wii is boot2v4 or ull brick so maybe not unless u know what ur doing. I'm
    pretty sure bootmii only will restore a NAND dump made in bootmii.so if u made a NAND backup b4 cioscorps with bootmii that'll will work U can use dop ios instead of nus to download the ios straight to ur wii and no messing with wads.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    whats FS?
    is your wii an lu64+ model?

5. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    he means file system dumper

6. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    I did the same... this IS the best solution.

7. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    if you made a NAND backup then use it to revert back to before you installed cioscorp.

8. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Just RE install (Not remove) all IOSs.

How?

Use DIP IOS, and just update all IOSs but with Trucha bug.
    (And patch IOS36)

Or use a new disc like Wii Sports Resorts or so with all IOSs on it, than extract those wads on it and re install it on your Wii. (Than run TBR 'n stuff to restore trucha)

TBR guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2099068

Those ways are the best if you don't wanna lose any save files or so. (since a NAND backup can be outdated and so let dissapear some stuff. (And it is LU64+ friendly, Since it only would use up to date LU64+ compatible IOSs.)