Unfounded rumour: Hackers planning third attack on Sony

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to IRC chat logs acquired by Cnet, a group of hackers is planning a third cyber attack on Sony, which is still reeling from two attacks that have taken the PSN down for two weeks and left 100 million customers with data exposed.

The upcoming attack is planned for this weekend, and the hackers claim to already have access to some of Sony's servers.

Furthermore, the hackers plan to publicize all of the info they steal, including names, addresses and credit card numbers.

Earlier this week, Sony revealed that a "highly sophisticated, planned" attack hit Sony's servers and they took down PSN as soon as it was detected. The company also implied that the group Anonymous had something to do with it, as there was a file planted on the server named "Anonymous" which included the statement "We are Legion," one of the group's mottoes.

Anonymous, twice now, has denied being part of the attack. [/p]

via cnet, by way of afterdawn.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i still don't really think that the skiddies of anon were behind this (at least not the same anon that "took down scientology")

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a lost for words now.

This is just pure maddening revenge lmao. It's as if I can picture the downfall of Sony. They're slowly deteriorating.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I read an article that talked about what actually happened in the room, and it never stated that the hackers themselves said any sort of threat, it only mentioned other people in the same IRC room.

The original article had vague wording at best, the sites copying the news are going off of a rumor.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
FFS, these hack attacks are pissing me off, I wanna go on PSN, plus I don't want to have my Personal Identity stolen!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch. Well in a way, the silver lining here is that if people get attacked and affected, you can easily see if your stuff has been compromised.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I'm gonna go break into Fort Knox later, but I wanted to publicly post this information because I want the police to be aware and have extra forces handy. You know, so I have some extra challenge. Because last time was SOOOOOO easy.[/lol]

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
Hey! I'm gonna go break into Fort Knox later, but I wanted to publicly post this information because I want the police to be aware and have extra forces handy. You know, so I have some extra challenge. Because last time was SOOOOOO easy.[/lol]
This sums up what I was thinking when I read the CNET thing.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fake report. Even if it happens, no problem, I'm used to all this stuff now lol and to be honest Sony are just getting a lesson from their "mentor", who knows? After all these attacks, we see Sony as a different company, maybe one that ACTUALLY cares for its customers??

Ofcourse taking into account that they survive in the market with all these attacks.
unsure.gif

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"publicize all of the info they steal, including names, addresses and credit card numbers"

wow that's fucked up. At least those are just rumors, but still fucked up

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmph If this is true or not, I'd like to see them do anything with my credit card information. If they manage to be able to purchase anything then hey, more power to them.

As for the people with good credit, I feel for ya.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
After all these attacks, we see Sony as a different company, maybe one that ACTUALLY cares for its customers??
Companies, no matter how much they "seem to care for their customers", are in it for the money. It is a business after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also