Hacking Undub and Uncensored games in USB method?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i would like to know this too as it would be nice to play Xenoblade Undubbed, i will go somewhat off-topic here (your icon reminded me of the game XD)
i downloaded a wii save (Skyward Sword) from Gamefaqs, it came in a .bin format, i would like to know how i can use it with the vwii's usb loaders.

hope someone tells me whether if it is possible or not .

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Well.. there's a guy who claimed to have uploaded the restauration patched Tokyo Mirage Session for WUPInstaller, so I guess it's possible even without the FTPiiU method. But then I can't confirm the upload is real since the comments only talk about how they can't uncompress the RAR.

Ahrimhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are basically two ways of doing this.
The first one is the one mentioned above using FTPiiU. I have done this myself with Tokyo Mirage Sessions a while back (and with WupClient but I guess FTPiiU is faster and maybe easier). This method has the advantage of the game actually working without the need of sigpatches.
Or you can patch the game first, repackage it (or get a prepatched version somewhere) and then install it, which might be faster but you can only play the game with sigpatches enabled.

Reactions: AboodXD

Ahrimhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it's just cosmetic changes, like undubs or uncensors, it shouldn't interfere with online multiplayer but you should always be careful with playing modded games online in general.
Official updates may cause problems, if they perform changes on your modified files but that never happened to me so I'm not sure. You might end up with parts of your patch being overwritten and the game, for example, not being completely undubbed anymore

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But FTPiiU is used to access the Wii U SD card via a FTP connection, right?
How do you do to access games data with FTPiiU?!
Have you misunderstood with wupserver?

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Uncensored and Xenoblade X Undub/uncensored work just fine if you repack the files using NUSPacker.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are basically two ways of doing this.
The first one is the one mentioned above using FTPiiU. I have done this myself with Tokyo Mirage Sessions a while back (and with WupClient but I guess FTPiiU is faster and maybe easier). This method has the advantage of the game actually working without the need of sigpatches.
Or you can patch the game first, repackage it (or get a prepatched version somewhere) and then install it, which might be faster but you can only play the game with sigpatches enabled.

How did you do it?

You extracted the game, applied the patch and replaced all the game files using FTPiiU and the game continued to run normally without sigpatches enabled?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)