wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't find anything. Maybe you can try a guide for a different HackAV variant.
Or, just reformat/reinstall.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ya, i was hoping to not reformat my stuff and this time round, i doubt that will help since my recovery disk only recovers my C drive, and the virus/malware can be found in my D drive as well
frown.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
you can also try booting into safe mode (Keep tapping F8 key as PC boots up) and then running Malwarebytes and any Antivirus software aswell. Thats has worked for me in the past as safe mode stops it from replicating itself after you have removed it.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks guys, well, i guess even malwarebytes isnt able to detect it yet, since only eset is able to. And thanks wchill for the suggestion, searching for its older version seems to suggest that this is a false positive(kinda)

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks for the guide, i have a look at it.

edit: haiz, looks like i wouldn't have to worry about those virus anymore, my computer just crashed and is stuck in an endless loop of loading at the bios screen, well, at least the only stuff at my C drive that needs to be replaced are translated games, music , pictures and other stuff :|

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it is resetting once it tries to access the windows install and the bios itself isn't hosed... and you have access to another computer, can you try a ubuntu live CD. It will bypass windows and load the OS in ram, so maybe you can salvage some files off the drive before you wipe and reinstall.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
haha, well my computer has already been wiped :| and my guess is that this is probably the last time i get to reformat my computer, now it freezes and hangs pretty frequently :|

Anyway, i ask a mod to lock this thread, since this virus business is over and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1