Hacking Undefined instruction error whenever booting up console

pixdoet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Whenever I press the power button and boot up the console, the console shows an "undefined instruction" error. I've tried updating Luma manually by replacing the files, and I've also reformatted the card. The console doesnt boot even without the card, so I think it might be an internal error. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Attached is the error message. Console is New 3ds XL

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 2.35.26 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 2.35.26 PM.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 113

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I press the power button and boot up the console, the console shows an "undefined instruction" error. I've tried updating Luma manually by replacing the files, and I've also reformatted the card. The console doesnt boot even without the card, so I think it might be an internal error. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Attached is the error message. Console is New 3ds XL
You will need to format the card to FAT32 and 32kb clusters. And put the most recent luma. 10.2.1 on the sd root. The boot.firm and boot.3dsx. https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

pixdoet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You will need to format the card to FAT32 and 32kb clusters. And put the most recent luma. 10.2.1 on the sd root. The boot.firm and boot.3dsx.
I've formatted the SD card to fat32 already, with Disk Utility in Mac. Do I have to try other methods of formatting? I can try formatting with a Linux system or a Windows machine and see if the problem still exists.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've formatted the SD card to fat32 already, with Disk Utility in Mac. Do I have to try other methods of formatting? I can try formatting with a Linux system or a Windows machine and see if the problem still exists.
just go ahead with getting the files you need on the sd card

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies. Apparently formatting the card in Windows worked well for me. Guess its just a Mac problem
Anyways, sorry for bothering you guys. Thanks!
Please also run from https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Press and hold (Start), and while holding (Start), power on your device. This will launch GodMode9
    • If you do not boot into GodMode9, ensure that GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/ and that payloads is correctly spelled
  3. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  4. If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
  5. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  6. Select “Scripts…”
  7. Select “GM9Megascript”
  8. Select “Scripts from Plailect’s Guide”
  9. Select “Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND”
  10. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. Press (A) to continue
Which will allow your console to boot even without sd card.

Reactions: pixdoet

pixdoet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Press and hold (Start), and while holding (Start), power on your device. This will launch GodMode9
    • If you do not boot into GodMode9, ensure that GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/ and that payloads is correctly spelled
  3. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  4. If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
  5. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  6. Select “Scripts…”
  7. Select “GM9Megascript”
  8. Select “Scripts from Plailect’s Guide”
  9. Select “Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND”
  10. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. Press (A) to continue
Which will allow your console to boot even without sd card.
Thanks for the info! I'll do that right now.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo