unbricking wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Evilwii, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Evilwii
    OP

Evilwii Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2009
    United States
    I finally decided I wanted to play my Wii again for skyward sword. I have a wii I bricked back when 3.3 system menu was out. Is there anyway to unbrick it without a modchip? If not what is the best modchip? I never had bootmii installed. It's a banner brick.

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    sounds like it's old enough to be bootmii@boot2 compatible. Send it to [m]deadlyfoez[/m] to repair using an infectus nand flasher, I think he charges $40+SH, which is less than what the infectus itself would cost, not to mention time and other materials. You can PM him on gbatemp or email him at deadlyfoez@yahoo.com

3. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Did you have preloader installed? Bannerbrick eh? You've got some options, but you'll have to buy a modchip and have a gamecube controller to make a savemiifrii, and it still might not work for you in the end and then you'd have to send to me after you already wasted a bunch of money when just sending it to me in the first place will be cheaper.

4. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Modchip + gc controller + netflix disc + bannerbomb v1 + uninstall bad channel = fixed wii

Unless you install softmii or cioscorp. If you installed one of those you should be able to skip the modchip.