Unbricking my psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by shed2000, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008

Unbricking my psp by shed2000 at 12:45 AM (1,160 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shed2000
    OP

Newcomer shed2000 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

After a long time in the bottem of my draw i found my bricked PSP so i decided to look for some help unbricking it

I converted my battery(pin 5) and used TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu to write my memory stick, I put the memory stick in and then the battery but all i got was a solid green light on the right and no lights flashing on the left. If i attatch the power lead all i get is a solid orange on the right and no flashing lights on the left.

What am i doing wrong

I bricked my psp whilst doing firmware update the power failed and i cant even get anything on the screen at all holding left etc

Help appreciated

Edd

2. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You did everything right with the battery but it sounds like you did not make the Magic Memory Stick correctly. I did not use that totalnewbie installer thingy but instead I used this guide:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-...tery-guide.html

Scroll down to the "magic memory stick" part and do what it says.

If you need any help, I will be here to help you.

EDIT: Also, do what it says in the "turning your psp into CFW" section, which is right below the "magic memory stick" section.

3. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    As someone else has answered this for those who can't do this and are in Australia you can go to OzModchips and they can help you - for a fee. Sometimes it can be better to get a Pro to do it than make things worse yourself or for those who have tried and failed [​IMG]

http://www.ozmodchips.com/unbrick-software...rvice-p-46.html

[​IMG]

4. GN-001 Exia

Banned GN-001 Exia Banned

United States
    lol 80USD to unbrick a PSP that can be done for under 20USD. OP don't even bother with the above post and make yourself a Magic Memory stick.

Edit. A trained monkey with the proper tools (tool battery + MMS) can unbrick a PSP. Don't give me none of that BS "pro" crap

Try this I pre made this a few months ago. Using Catb50's Ultimate Magic Memory Stick Creator v4.0 to make 3.90 m33 MMS.
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/283428/Magi...tick/MMS390.rar

5. shed2000
    OP

Newcomer shed2000 Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, it was my magic stic. it didnt like bing created on a vista machine. I did it on xp and now I have an ubricked PSP for nowt NICE ONE. May be some one can get my nds chip to work ( see NDs threads ) lol

6. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No problem, glad I could be of service [​IMG]