Hacking Unbricking Acekard 2i Question

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So last week I had formatted my Kingston 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card using Windows 7 regular you know my computer, right click device, and click on format. Then I had plugged it into my Acekard 2i(1.4.1 Updated) and tried loading up Pokemon Platinum. The load time I had noticed was way longer than any other game I have ever tried before. Being impatient I turned off my Dsi and turned it back on and the Alex Rider Storm whatever disappeared and all I saw was ak2. I did not understand what happened and thought it was maybe a faulty card. So I tried my other Acekard 2i ordered from console source and the same exact thing happened. So my question is what had caused my two Acekard 2i's to get bricked. And if I buy a DsPhat and plug my Acekard 2i in and try and perform the 1.4.1 update will it show up in the DsPhat so I can unbrick it or do I need another flash cart to do so?
hate2.gif

EDIT: Just so you guys know both my Cards Show up in my Dsi, they just say ak2 and say "An error has occured..." Does that mean that they will be able to actually work and play in my DsPhat?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Various carts have has issues with certain ROM sizes and cluster sizes of memory card formatting, that's why it's suggested to use the panasonic formatter, but I suggest you file a bug report on AKAIO's forums so they can find the issue and fix it, so don't format the memory card again because they may need info from it.

http://akaio.net/

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hotness1 said:
EDIT: Just so you guys know both my Cards Show up in my Dsi, they just say ak2 and say "An error has occured..." Does that mean that they will be able to actually work and play in my DsPhat?

smiths flashed an ak2i about a year after bricking it and he said it works just fine now. on the second ak2i you ran the rom again and now the bootloader is corrupted, or did you just put in the msd and boot into akaio?

if you own a dsphat why haven't you tried it yet =P. if it works you can reflash it.

-another world

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anther World,

I had used my other memery card that was working perfectly fine before with pokemon platinum. Thats why Im so confused as to why it bricked my second card. I was thinking maybe because i had installed moonshell on both my MicroSDs before?

Also I was going to borrow a friends Dsphat and havent been able to get in contact with him yet. So Ill try unbricking it tomarrow. Im thinking it will work as the card still shows up in my dsi as ak2 so I guess only the bootloader got updated or something.

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So got my friends DsPhat and when I put my semi-bricked(it shows up in the Dsi as ak2 but doesn't work)and it showed up in the DsPhat and when clicked on it, it pretty much just stalled on the Blue Loading screen. So I guess that got messed up too. I even tried it with 2 other microSDHC cards and it did the same thing and I tried it with another Acekard and the same thing happened. So I guess now I'll just buy another Acekard and hope to god it doesn't get bricked
glare.gif

kraijeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotness1 said:
So got my friends DsPhat and when I put my semi-bricked(it shows up in the Dsi as ak2 but doesn't work)and it showed up in the DsPhat and when clicked on it, it pretty much just stalled on the Blue Loading screen. So I guess that got messed up too. I even tried it with 2 other microSDHC cards and it did the same thing and I tried it with another Acekard and the same thing happened. So I guess now I'll just buy another Acekard and hope to god it doesn't get bricked
glare.gif

You can use your friend card (whatever, R4 M3 or something that can boot in DS Phat) to unbrick

1. copy file "ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds" form acekard.com to your friend card.
2. run update and it will ask to press some botton to continue .....
3. Swap your friend card with Bricked Acekard
4. continue update
5. Acekard should be back to normal again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol