Hacking Unbrick WiiU freezes during boot

MarcelBeee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i think, i bricked my WiiU yesterday. The WiiU boot is stopped during showing the WiiU Boot screen. The music is played for around 10 seconds, but is stopping during playing a tone. Pressing B during boot to go to vWii isn't working.

I searched the internet and some people described, that the problem can be fixed by moving the gamepad far away from the console. I tried this, but without success. I will try this today again, by removing the device into my basement, but i think, this won't fix my problem.

My WiiU has been bricked during installing a dumped WiiU game via the wad installer to internal NAND. The wad installer stopped at 100%, but has been never finished. I waited a long time (~1hour) and finally reboot the console by unplugging the power supply. Afterwards the boot freeze occurs.

I used coldboot haxchi as custom firmware.

I think, i my NAND become corrupted, during the failed WAD installation. If i understand it correct, this should be fixed by MLC-Backup via MMC-Card Adapter and flashing the eMMC.

I created my complete NAND backup before modifying my device. The backup also didn't contains the used DS game for the coldboot haxchi.

I fear, after using my backup to restore the corrupted MLC, i will run into the problem, that the modified SLC expects the missing ds game. Is this correct? I also have to restore my dumped SLC?

Would be very gracefully if somebody can give me some feedback. I searched a lot and found different descriptions, how to fix the problem, but i'm not sure, if they are are all up to date. I hope that's there is maybe an more easier solution, which i haven't found yet or that i can avoid to restore the SLC.

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

edit: hmm, my title isn't very useful...Is there an option to also edit the title?

Last edited by MarcelBeee,

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think your only option would be https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-kaflukes-hardmod-cbhc-unbrick-guide.476725/
which seems very difficult (if you never done stuff like this before), But if the nand has really an issue this probably would only help for a short period.
About the mmc thingy, never heard of that and also, how would you connect a mmc card to the wiiu? Are the even big enough mmc cards which would be able to store the wiiu nand?

MarcelBeee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought, using the successfully-dumped-wiiu-emmc-nand-with-hardmod method (i'm not allowed to post links...), i can also write my dump back to the eMMC device. Reading it a second time, it seems, this not common. Don't know, if this will work =/

I already ordered a teensy, but if i could avoid open my device, this would be good =)

Last edited by MarcelBeee,

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up