Unbrick service in....

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lafleche, Feb 2, 2014.

1. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,

Wouldn't it be an idea if there is going to be one topic in which gbatempers offer some kind of unbricking service catagorised by country/state?

I don't need it at the moment but when I need it, it would be nice to PM someone in the neighbourhood!

For the record: I am not saying it must be free of charge :-)

2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    So i have a doubt too... Any brick, by gateway or not can be restored by flashing a backup nand in hardware way? If yes the people dont need absolutely send your consoles to gateway, right?

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    restoring requires additional hardware still, i.e a raspberry pi or ardiuno, the usual nand restore methods don't work alone, so for most people a repair service would be better than buying additional hardware and risking breaking the 3ds completely if they aren't competent at soldering

Huntereb likes this.
  4. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Well, I can start saying that I could fix anyone's consoles in Mexico if it was bricked by GW's code and also if a backup of their 3DS's NAND was made beforehand; without it, your system is destined to be sold in parts.

5. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    what gamesquest1 said, especially the soldering of CLCK on a regular 3DS is a PITA.

@Topic:

I don't believe that specialized unbricking services will spawn but that those who already are doing the HW mod for others will include RPU in their lineup.

Oh, and in case one needs this done: also ask in your local smartphone repair shop (not the kind where they just send in the phone but where someone in the back does the repair work) and your local hacker space.

kyogre123 likes this.
  6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah i don't think the demand will be "too" high, so i don't think there will be too many dedicated repair people, but im sure their will be plenty of people prepared to do the work for others, but it is a bit specific and im not sure too many repair shops etc will just have a arduino or raspberry pi in the back :)

7. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes, my point is, send to gateway is not the only way of unbrick your console. You can search for a more close service if you have a nand copy.
    I´m wrong?

8. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Nope, you are right with that, as long as it's a launcher.dat related brick of course.

9. Alocks

Alocks Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Brazil
    Sao Paulo
    I have an arduino duo. I would need to re-practice a little of soldering before tho...
    5 years already without soldering anything loolz but i have 2 years of experience in soldering (60/40)

But 3ds soldering points doesn't looks hard and by some pics serms its possible to let the cables inside the plate, making Easier for future tweaks

10. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    State : Bouches-du-Rhône (Aix-Marseille)

Here is an exclusive offer for GBATemp members who are victims of 3DS brick : http://www.infinitydream.com/unbricking-blue-screen-3ds-gbatemp-exclusive-p-676.html

European members: €24 only + shipping cost
    Worldwide members: €20 only (about $28) + shipping cost

Do not hesitate to contact me, it will be a pleasure to provide a solution even if your console comes close. :)

EDIT : A backup of the original NAND is now optional in order to carry out the restoration of the console. *new from 26.02.14*

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You're asking for (roughly) $74, not including shipping? At that price they'd be better off selling it for parts and buying another one.

12. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
  13. xfcrowman

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I have been trying to find someone that does Gateway unbricking in the US (I have an original 3DS, not XL), but no luck so far.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Just to clarify because there will no doubt be some shady people popping up to swipe 3ds's from this, if you send your 3ds off for repair don't include the gateway/clone card, they aren't required for the repair and if the person does turn out to be dodgy you will loose your cards aswell, try make sure it's a trusted member before just posting your console to them :)

mvmiranda likes this.
  15. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Exactly!
    Everything that's needed is ** ONLY ** your 3DS AND the backup of your NAND.

Cheers!

16. ryuga93

ryuga93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2011
    Malaysia
    Have you tried unbricking using arduino?

17. Moquedami

Moquedami GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2006
    Argentina
    I`m interested too, did you make it work using an Arduino?

18. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    to the people planning to make money

you going to have a bad Time
    due to GBATemp rules meaning you gonna get banned for advertising

people have been offering to do this if people are willing to cover the cost of postage BTW guys

19. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    Yes Arduino hardware used Only Raspberry Pi works for the moment.

Paying service provides guarantees.
    Those who offer this service for free can not be offer the same success guarantees even return the console to the member...
    Let's be serious.

20. ASUS

ASUS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    how did you do to work with the Arduino?