Hacking Unable to start software Return home and try again

scorpweb2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi all,

i updated to FW 13.1 last week and since then. some games work and others are having the "unable to start software ....." issue

FW 13.1.0 |AMS 12.2 | E

no pattern of whats working and what's not. Mario Golf works for example but Mario Kart and Animal Crossing aren't.

tried clearing the cache on the switch as read that may help.

tried AMS 12.4 originally and downgraded to 12.2 upon advise.

using the sigpatches from /threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

booting into Fusee

My hekate.ipl looks like
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

really stumped to what else i can do to get my games working.

tried installing games via Tinfoil, DBI and redownloading from scratch to make sure no issues with the files.

i have noticed (warioware for example) ....2 lines in DBI come up with Signature invalid. the game installs but 2 of the NCA signatures say invalid? could this be the issue? if so what sig patches do i need to resolve this?

also tried the sigpatches from github/ITotalJustice/patches (fusee.zip and booting from payload > fusee.bin in hekate bootscreen

please help i'm so stuck!!!

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the reason given to you to downgrade AMS to 12.2? The sigPatches version has to match the version of AMS, so if you downgrade AMS, you'll also need to downgrade the sigPatches.
I'm using 12.4 and latest iTotalJustice patches and everything works fine. Even if you don't need Hekate, sometimes, it's good to use that as a debugging step. I would install latest everything (AMS, Hekate, iTotalJustice), then try to boot directly into AMS, and also try booting into Hekate, then AMS to see if either of those work.

Reactions: scorpweb2

neoware1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm having the exact same issue! Hope for someone who could help me with that!
hi all,

i updated to FW 13.1 last week and since then. some games work and others are having the "unable to start software ....." issue

FW 13.1.0 |AMS 12.2 | E

no pattern of whats working and what's not. Mario Golf works for example but Mario Kart and Animal Crossing aren't.

using the sigpatches from /threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

booting into Fusee

My hekate.ipl looks like

tried installing games via Tinfoil, DBI and redownloading from scratch to make sure no issues with the files.

i have noticed (warioware for example) ....2 lines in DBI come up with Signature invalid. the game installs but 2 of the NCA signatures say invalid? could this be the issue? if so what sig patches do i need to resolve this?

also tried the sigpatches from github/ITotalJustice/patches (fusee.zip and booting from payload > fusee.bin in hekate bootscreen

/* My English is not very good, so most of what I say is translated by Google translate. sry*/

Because TX stopped updating, many TXs were replaced with atmospheric systems, and then there were a lot of problems when playing games, especially tossing!
First of all, it is clear that the atmosphere is the first to support the latest official version, so there is never need to use "magic change" resources!

Note to users of Atmosphere and TX: Do not use "Magic Modification" resources in Atmosphere! TX is not a direct reading XCI, please do not use "Magic Modification" if you install the game directly!

What is magic modification: That is, the original resources that have been contaminated, the original resources are modified, and the required version is downgraded to run the required version, so that the lower version machine can run the higher version of the game!
Magical modification of resources is an irreversible operation, you can modify the original files, but you cannot restore the contaminated magical resources to the original files! ! ! So players who want to collect resources please collect the original files!

Magic modification is usually realized by NSC_BUILDER, the operation is very simple, you can transfer it if you need it, and note that not all games can be magic modification, check the relevant information yourself!

Potential hidden dangers of installing magic-modified games: all installed magic-modified resources, the game must report an error after the system is upgraded! The installed magic change resource may be wrong in the game! In short, it is not a direct reading of XCI, cherish life! Stay away from demons!

"Magic" version of the game
Every time the atmosphere system is upgraded, those "magic modified" versions of games are very prone to problems

how to solve this problem
1# Use the software to back up the game archive, delete the game and archive in SWITCH.
Restart SWITCH, if you are using emuMMC system, please enter emuMMC normally,
After seeing the atmosphere icon, press and hold the volume + volume-at the same time, do not let go, after a while, you should enter the recovery mode, and then you can press the power button to turn off the switch, restart to enter emuMMC and install the game again to return to normal
2#Download the original game, do not use the "magic modified" version of the game, do not need to delete the game and save, install the original game again,
Note: The installed update must be the same or higher than the game version in SWITCH

If my method can help you, that would be great
src=http___i0.hdslb.com_bfs_article_d7e3763b0a9235d869af5258916e67db7466ba39.jpg&refer=http___...jpg

neoware1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hi all,

FW 13.1.0 |AMS 12.2 | E

booting into Fusee

My hekate.ipl looks like

I'm having the exact same issue! Hope for someone who could help me with that!
d3d3LmJpbGliaWxpLmNvbS92aWRlby9CVjEzNTQxMXU3eUU= (Use Base64 decoding)
Here is a non-English tutorial, you can watch the video to see the general meaning

scorpweb2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What was the reason given to you to downgrade AMS to 12.2? The sigPatches version has to match the version of AMS, so if you downgrade AMS, you'll also need to downgrade the sigPatches.
I'm using 12.4 and latest iTotalJustice patches and everything works fine. Even if you don't need Hekate, sometimes, it's good to use that as a debugging step. I would install latest everything (AMS, Hekate, iTotalJustice), then try to boot directly into AMS, and also try booting into Hekate, then AMS to see if either of those work.
thanks alot wiiNinja,

got it working!

for anyone else who may come across this and have the same issue

Literally delete the atmosphere folder and bootloader folder from your MicroSD.
redownload them (ensuring sigpatches match the Atmosphere version)
ensure newest fusee.bin (as of today can be downloaded at same spot as atmosphere)
boot into Fusee
games should now work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1