Unable to access cheat menu with Y button for R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kaizer3000, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. kaizer3000
    OP

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    um...ive been wanting to ask this question...but please forgive my english.
    i am using R4 fyi,
    why are there some games that were listed in the CHEAT.dat but when I load it in my R4 i can't see the "press Y for cheat" feature...

some example games that I cant seem to use cheats with:
    1.*undubbed games
    2. FFCC: Echo of Time
    3. Time Hollow
    4. The World Ends with You

I cant "access" the cheat menu but i saw many people able to use them cheats....please help!!
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. kaizer3000
    OP

Malaysia
    never mind. some guy just answered my question...
    XD

3. Soniczero

Newcomer Soniczero Newbie

United States
    could you please tell me the answer?.... i'm having same problem too [​IMG]
    but only Pokemon Platnum

4. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I guess the game ID doesn't match with the game ID in codes database.

5. Ishkur

Newcomer Ishkur Newbie

Germany
    Well, that could basically be, but since programs like R4CCE can create them automatically by selecting the desired rom, I guess that's not what he means.

When you add a game in your database, it will be created at the bottom of the list. And as far as I know, R4 can't handle that much games, so it doesn't recognize you have a code for the new game. Try pushing it to the top of the list, or sort the list alphabetically. So, make sure it is more in front, cause R4 only reads the first, say 1400, codes (correct me, if I'm wrong).

I had the same problem, the last few times, and that helped me out well.

6. kaizer3000
    OP

Malaysia
    okay, to answer off your question if this should ever happen:

1. undubbed roms - aka hacked roms...meaning u r using either patched rom or a rom that have japanese voice acting with english text/menus...to solve this, simply use the R4CCE (make sure atleast ver 0.4 or above), click on any game, then click the "...." icon beside the Game ID
    example of the menu:

Game ID (J)
    ABZE CB5DCEE1 ... Duplicate Search

...then locate the rom u want the code to be compatible with...and a NEW ID will appear (hacked roms WILL have different ID, notice the 1st 4 alphabets of the ID (example: ABZE XXXXXXX), they NEVER change even after u manually patched or downloaded the hacked rom...
    Now, COPY THE LAST CODES AFTER THE 1st FOUR ALPHABETS (example: CB5DCEE1)
    anyway, press DUPLICATE SEARCH to locate the rom name in the cheat.dat/usrcheat.dat file, or u can manually browse yourself....u would then notice there are like 2 or more same game titles with different regions (ie (J)/(E)/(U) etc..)... locate the game title with matching FIRST 4 ALPHABETS of the code (example: ABZE)...
    now, did u remembered just now u have clicked "..." button and different last ID appeared and then u copied the last code?...PASTE the code and replace the 2nd set of CODES in the list.
    then save. and u are done. (takes a deep breather)

2. AND IF THAT DOESNT WORK, click the game title once, and click (ALT + keypad UP) or MOVE UP button to move the game title up, probably below the word User Cheat Code in the list....

OR

this may take some time, but, u can ALWAYS compile your own game cheats urself (making ur own CHEAT.dat file) by copying and pasting whatever game u have in ur R4/N5/etc...into a new R4CCE window then save a new Cheat.dat file...I'm guessing too many game titles caused the glitch in the cheat menu....

hope that helps. and pardon me for my crappy english..i always sux at explaining stuff...please bear with me, kay?