Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSC02790.JPG

Unit Closed

DSC02791.JPG

Unit Open

With all the EeePC discussion I felt left out so I decided to start a UMPC thread.

UMPC's for those that don't are Ultra Mobile PCs...Quite a few brands out there...mine is from Sony, has a 1.2 Single Core Intel processor with 1GB of ram and a 40 Gig hard drive. The downfall is that Sony didn't include the tablet edition of Windows...which is stupid since it has touch screen support but with the right software you can get pretty good hand recognition.

The newer models come with Vista which I didn't want so I got myself the older model (UX280). Other users are running OSX as well as Ubuntu.

Built in Webcam, biometric finger reader... came with a cradle so basically it uses a nice 22 inch monitor, full keyboard and mouse in the office but when I hit the field it goes on my hip.

Anyone else have one?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, TECHNICALLY, it isn't. The EEEPC is technically a "sub" or "nano-notebook." Computers that open like that with a "full" keyboard technically don't fulfill the UMPC conditions. I believe the main conditions for a UMPC are a 20 cm or smaller touch/active-digitizing screen and at least a 900 MHz CPU.

But yeah, I've been absolutely dying to get my hands on an OQO model 02. It is more expensive than most of its competitors, but it vastly over-powers the competition, has a much better design, MUCH better keyboard, superior configuration options, and the smallest footprint. And, with the announcement of VIA's new 64-bit processors, the OQO could be getting a speed boost and/or price drop with better battery life (added to an already nice 2 hours 30 minutes with the standard battery or supposedly 6 hours with the double capacity battery.
happy.gif
*drool*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself