Not open for further replies.

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noon said:
Taka said:
Same here but yea like you said, it would be nice to have everything in working order. I think I need IOS61 for the shop channel since Dop-IOS reports that it's missing from my system, but I'm not too sure. I also might drop Preloader and try out StartPatch since the region free hacks (GC and SD channels) I needed don't appear to work for me.
I was thinking the same, i really want to play my mr. driller wiiware! I'll have to do more reading on the cIOS versions though, I think someone said 14 doesn't have error 002 fixes which i need for wii sports. And I think that 11-13 have random issues with backup loaders.

You don't have to drop preloader for startpatch, just don't enable the same hacks. I think trying to use nandcleaner or whatever would be a hassle instead of installing them side by side. And interestingly, wiibrew's description for why not preloader is that it avoids the disc spinning forever, which is fixed in preloader 0.29... so I am thinking if preloader's hacks.ini uses same memory patch that startpatch does for region free channels there really is no need for startpatch

I see, well I guess I could always test StartPatch if they can coexist and compare results for the region free SD channels hack.

QUOTE(noon @ Jul 30 2009, 02:19 AM)
I used dop to install IOS 61 and my shop channel is working again
wink.gif
My photo channel is also working. I enabled region free channels patch 1 and 2 in preloader and my Japanese mr driller just black screens. I used free the wads on it with no luck either. Anyone have Japanese wiiware on a US console working?

Did you apply the Sig Hash Check when installing IOS61 via DOP-IOS? I'm wanting make sure before I install it. Nice that it now works.

EDIT: I installed it without the Sig Hash Check and it works, so I'm guessing it didn't matter.

sonyman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having problems following this, I got to the bit where it says launch Bootmii so i did but then when bootmii loads up...my controller is disconnected and I cant move any cursors to choose the config menu

I installed bootmii as an IOS cus that was the only option then.

any help?...I dont fancy reading 90+ pages
wacko.gif

Jeffry

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.. I've got Wii with SN. LEH225.. and so on.. I need to know if this manual ("This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1") is good for me.. Because I was try another version manual without installing bootmii and doesn't work it (cIOSv7 - error ret - 1035, cisos38rev13b - error ret - 1017, etc).. BTW my wii can't istalling BootMii on BOOT2, only like ISO and I've got FW 4.1E.. Could you help me? Thanx a lot..

bxjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonyman said:
I'm having problems following this, I got to the bit where it says launch Bootmii so i did but then when bootmii loads up...my controller is disconnected and I cant move any cursors to choose the config menu

wacko.gif

Wimote does not work with bootmii menu. You have 2 options to navigate.
1. Plug in GC controller in port 1
or
2. Use buttons on wii console to navigate. Power= Move, Reset=Enter

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taka said:
Did you apply the Sig Hash Check when installing IOS61 via DOP-IOS? I'm wanting make sure before I install it. Nice that it now works.

EDIT: I installed it without the Sig Hash Check and it works, so I'm guessing it didn't matter.
I installed it with the sig hash check. Over on this. wii brew page it says:
wiibrewThe Photo Channel 1.1 and the Wii Shop Channel have been updated, use WiiSCU to update these and install truchasigned versions of IOS60 and IOS61.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sonyman said:

wacko.gif

Bootmii as an IOS REQUIRES a GC controller. Only the boot2 install allows you to use the power button to move right and reset button to select as an alternative. The IOS version needs a GC controller though since that won't work on it.

QUOTE(Jeffry @ Jul 30 2009, 10:42 AM) Hi guys.. I've got Wii with SN. LEH225.. and so on.. I need to know if this manual ("This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1") is good for me.. Because I was try another version manual without installing bootmii and doesn't work it (cIOSv7 - error ret - 1035, cisos38rev13b - error ret - 1017, etc).. BTW my wii can't istalling BootMii on BOOT2, only like ISO and I've got FW 4.1E.. Could you help me? Thanx a lot..

Just skip steps 9 and 10 about running the IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader and it should work. Just don't try to downgrade anything on your Wii except for the Trucha Bug Restorers method of downgrading IOS15. (and then restore it after you get IOS36 installed properly)

Jeffry

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
just skip steps 9 and 10 about running the IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader and it should work. Just don't try to downgrade anything on your Wii except for the Trucha Bug Restorers method of downgrading IOS15. (and then restore it after you get IOS36 installed properly)

Ok, understand.. but let me know what can be happen with my Wii, while I can try use downgrade it (steps 9 and 10).. it is dangerous on my version, or what? THANK YOU

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@assassda
You should also put in your guide that if you are on a firmware lower than 4.0 you need to run Waninkoko's 4,0 firmware installer befor running the 4.1 firmware installer. Just trying to use the 4.1 installer gives a ret-1 error at installing system menu. Upgraded using your guide from 3.2u yesterday and everything worked great except for what I just mentioned.
Thanks for a good guide none the less

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmurda187 said:
@assassda
You should also put in your guide that if you are on a firmware lower than 4.0 you need to run Waninkoko's 4,0 firmware installer befor running the 4.1 firmware installer. Just trying to use the 4.1 installer gives a ret-1 error at installing system menu. Upgraded using your guide from 3.2u yesterday and everything worked great except for what I just mentioned.
Thanks for a good guide none the less
I was on 3.4 and the only problem I had was I had to install IOS60 before upgrading to 4.1. I received -1036 and not -1 before I knew about this. Also, had to install IOS61 to get the shop/photo channel up and running which was not part of the guide

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked something similar a couple of months ago but the guide has changed since then.

I'm on 3.4U and already have installed the HBC and cIOS38 rev13.
Should I just stick to what I have or Update system Menu?
What should I do now to get up to date?
Would staying in what I have give me less compatibility on the games?

Thank you.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jeffry said:
nabster92 said:
just skip steps 9 and 10 about running the IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader and it should work. Just don't try to downgrade anything on your Wii except for the Trucha Bug Restorers method of downgrading IOS15. (and then restore it after you get IOS36 installed properly)

Ok, understand.. but let me know what can be happen with my Wii, while I can try use downgrade it (steps 9 and 10).. it is dangerous on my version, or what? THANK YOU

If you have a boot2v4 Wii (generally Wii's bought sometime this year) you can't downgrade anything on your Wii except for IOS15 in the way that the Trucha Bug Restorer does it or it will cause whatever you downgrade to cease functioning at all. So do not do or even try those steps if you have a new Wii. Those steps are more intended for previously hacked systems with other stuff on them to make sure it's clear of them first anyways.

QUOTE(arapozo @ Jul 30 2009, 01:03 PM)
I asked something similar a couple of months ago but the guide has changed since then.

I'm on 3.4U and already have installed the HBC and cIOS38 rev13.
Should I just stick to what I have or Update system Menu?
What should I do now to get up to date?
Would staying in what I have give me less compatibility on the games?

Thank you.

If you don't have all the IOS's on your system that recent games need then you will have less compatibilty. The easiest way to get these IOS's is to just update. You can just follow the guide as is (skipping steps 9 and 10 of online if you have an LU64+/boot2v4 type Wii).

By updating you also get the benefit of being able to use the SD card menu for extra channels/vc games to free up more space on your Wii. (don't move the HBC over to the sd card menu though.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
From which step should I start the process?

How do I know if my Wii is not boot2v4 type? I believe that my Wii serial does not start with LU64, is that the only check necessary?

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noon said:
Taka said:

I installed it with the sig hash check. Over on this. wii brew page it says:
wiibrewThe Photo Channel 1.1 and the Wii Shop Channel have been updated, use WiiSCU to update these and install truchasigned versions of IOS60 and IOS61.

Ah, OK. I'll install it again with the sig hash check to be safe. Thanks.

Jeffry

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
If you have a boot2v4 Wii (generally Wii's bought sometime this year) you can't downgrade anything on your Wii except for IOS15 in the way that the Trucha Bug Restorer does it or it will cause whatever you downgrade to cease functioning at all. So do not do or even try those steps if you have a new Wii. Those steps are more intended for previously hacked systems with other stuff on them to make sure it's clear of them first anyways.

Sure! But I must write you sometning more.. I was try one manual yesterday.. and last step was downgrade.. I dont know how, but I did 2 steps..
1. run cios37 installer
2. in HBC run Bannerbomb and run fw downgrader
3. and than I installed FW 2.1E.. it was highest FW version which I could choose there..

All was all right, but only SD Card Channels entry freeze console on this FW version.. That next I was updated console by the system update (wifi) on current version 4.1E and uninstall cios37 by AnyTitleDeleterMOD. And now my console works like before, with original games
smile.gif

what do you think about it? I'm not sure that downgrade FW it's same like downgrade cios and ios in steps 9 and 10, like you write berfore - probably not..

Ok that, I'm going to try this manual without steps 9 and 10, and then I'll write something about the result
smile.gif

HakoByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
!Fly3R said:
when i run bootmii im trying to run the Trucha Bug Restorer and all it just says is this
failed to boot selected file
how do i fix this?
blink.gif

You run apps from the HBC, not bootmii.

the homebrew channel just boots with a blackscreen
blink.gif

an that's just completely it and i followed to guide thoroughly

my wii is on 3.2E and the serial number is not on LU64

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arapozo said:
From which step should I start the process?

How do I know if my Wii is not boot2v4 type? I believe that my Wii serial does not start with LU64, is that the only check necessary?

It's always safest to assume it is a boot2v4 Wii as there are serials below LU64 that possibly can be boot2v4 Wii's and ones above it that aren't so serials don't really say anything. Also you don't lose the ability to get anything you can on non boot2v4 Wii's anyways, you just have to be more careful with what methods you use to do it (downgrading anything besides IOS15 in the TBR is no longer necessary for anyone)

If you bought your Wii this year at all, it most likely is a boot2v4 Wii though.

Jeffry said:
Sure! But I must write you sometning more.. I was try one manual yesterday.. and last step was downgrade.. I dont know how, but I did 2 steps..
1. run cios37 installer
2. in HBC run Bannerbomb and run fw downgrader
3. and than I installed FW 2.1E.. it was highest FW version which I could choose there..

All was all right, but only SD Card Channels entry freeze console on this FW version.. That next I was updated console by the system update (wifi) on current version 4.1E and uninstall cios37 by AnyTitleDeleterMOD. And now my console works like before, with original games
smile.gif

what do you think about it? I'm not sure that downgrade FW it's same like downgrade cios and ios in steps 9 and 10, like you write berfore - probably not..

Ok that, I'm going to try this manual without steps 9 and 10, and then I'll write something about the result
smile.gif

There's just so many things wrong in that process you do I don't even...

the fw downgrader was completely unnecessary and either you didn't realize you could scroll down to more recent firmwares or it was a REALLY old fw downgrader that should not have been used at all. Absolutely no reason to downgrade all the way to 2.1.

Also I'm not sure what revision that cIOS37 installer was, but if having a fw downgrader that only goes to 2.1 is any indication its probably a really old cIOS isntaller that was still based off of IOS37. That being said cIOS installers do not install to the IOS they are based off of so by deleting IOS37 you just deleted an official IOS on your system that the system needs for something else. All cIOS's generally install to IOS249. IOS's should never under any circumstances be uninstalled or deleted.

IOS downgrader downgrades all of the IOS's on your system to how they were on 3.2 when they all had the trucha bug intact. cIOS downgrader downgrades the actual firmware like that fw downgrader you used but generally you were supposed to select 3.2 in it. Neither of them are necessary anymore to softmod a Wii.

!Fly3R said:
nabster92 said:
QUOTE(!Fly3R @ Jul 29 2009, 08:56 AM)
when i run bootmii im trying to run the Trucha Bug Restorer and all it just says is this
failed to boot selected file
how do i fix this?
blink.gif

You run apps from the HBC, not bootmii.

the homebrew channel just boots with a blackscreen
blink.gif

an that's just completely it and i followed to guide thoroughly

my wii is on 3.2E and the serial number is not on LU64

Run bannerbomb again and reinstall the HBC with the hackmii installer.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clarify that what im about to do is correct?

I'm modding a wii that is currently on official 3.4E firmware and have just removed the wii key 2 clip on chip that was on there, reassembled wii and the wii powered on and wii is ok and official again.

To follow this guide, (offline guide) would i need to run the trucker bug restorer steps as my wii is higher than 3.2.

Or do i just skip the following steps:

QUOTE:
6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

Also does anyone know if the wii key 2 would have previously altered any of the Nintendo ios's or the wii in any way?

Thanks.
wink2.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Can someone clarify that what im about to do is correct?

I'm modding a wii that is currently on official 3.4E firmware and have just removed the wii key 2 clip on chip that was on there, reassembled wii and the wii powered on and wii is ok and official again.

To follow this guide, (offline guide) would i need to run the trucker bug restorer steps as my wii is higher than 3.2.

Or do i just skip the following steps:

QUOTE:
6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

Also does anyone know if the wii key 2 would have previously altered any of the Nintendo ios's or the wii in any way?

Thanks.
wink2.gif

If your Wii is 3.2 or lower THEN you can skip the Trucha Bug Restorer. Since you are on 3.4 you have to do it. The mod chip shouldn't have done anything, but you're pretty much gonna be reinstalling all of your IOS's anyways with the offline guide so it shouldn't matter.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, the Offline guide tells to Go in the SD card channel and run a file... but the problem is I dont even have the SD card channel... and I have no Wifi internet to update my console to get it... what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu