Status
Not open for further replies.

theweAve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii I am using has Firmware 4.0. I am trying to install the Homebrew Channel via BannerBomb. I get into the Homebrew Channel install screen, but when it is trying to install it I get this error: Error 1030002011 - Installing Ticket.

Any Ideas??

Thanks!!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theweAve said:
The Wii I am using has Firmware 4.0. I am trying to install the Homebrew Channel via BannerBomb. I get into the Homebrew Channel install screen, but when it is trying to install it I get this error: Error 1030002011 - Installing Ticket.
did you already install the homebrewchannel.wad? and ios36.wad? are you following the guide or not?
nyanya.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto,

I've seen you pleading for help in this thread, and it's evident to me that it's getting painful beating your head against the wall repeatedly like that. You need to change the way that you're doing it. It's obvious that the offline method is not working out for you, so people are suggesting the online method; you need to find a way to try that. Otherwise, you will continue to fail and there will be no end to this misery. So here's what I'm recommending:

1) Have you checked to see if you can install Bootmii on your Wii? If you're so worried about bricking your Wii trying different things, do look into installing this and make a save of you NAND
2) If you can afford it, buy a wireless router/access point. This is useful beyond modding the Wii. Try the online method of this guide.
3) If you don't want to purchase a wireless router, find and go to a friend's house, one with wireless access to the Internet and try the online method
4) If you don't know of anyone who has wireless access to the Internet, lug your Wii and your TV to a wireless hotspot: Mall, airport, McDonalds, StarBuck to name a few. It may cost you a cup of coffee to pretend that you're actually enjoying their product.
5) Get your Wii and your TV in your car, and drive around the neighborhood until you find a sucker who doesn't secure his wireless router. You will need a power inverter to provide power to the TV from the car though

Of course I'm kidding in steps 4, 5; but in all seriousness, people are ignoring your "bumps" because there's not much else to tell you. You probably have one of those Wiis from hell, and there's just no modding it. BTW, the serial number is not LU64xxx is it?

Get Bootmii install and conquer that Wii man!

lbsega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I've been tracking this thread for a while and am thinking about upgrading the System Menu 4.0, but I had a few questions:

1) Following the Online Upgrade / Downgrade instructions, is it possible to swap using Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater at Step 4 with using the Wii's System Update?

2) If so, is there be any loss in functionality (i.e. homebrew, backup loader, usb loader, loading WADs, etc.) other than not being able to use Trucha-signed discs?

Thanks much!

steaky1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

Previously I downgraded from 3.4e to 3.2e to get the homebrew channel and backup channel working on my Wii.
Now i want to update to 4.0e using the offline method but when i get to cmdvdx35 stage i get the "You are a pirate" - despite not having the cioscorp folder, and after running shared2clea.

any ideas?

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
wii Ninja

i have installed the twilight hack once before so ive had it modded but it was removed from 4.0 update.... btw my wii is old like almost 1-2 years.

BTW is there a way to roll back all hacks on wii besides the HBC? like all the stuff i did from the offline guide.

fernandolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, any ideas on this one?

QUOTE said:
Hey guys, I did the upgrade, online method, everything works fine (or at least i think! jaja) but I just noticed that when trying to load up a game via the Backup loader (Wii gator 0.3) if I click A to load the game, it works fine, it loads the game no problems...

But if I click on "restart with hooks" I get an error dump!! some exception happens and then a dump... i have to restart the Wii to get it going again.

Any ideas? is this normal?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
wii Ninja

i have installed the twilight hack once before so ive had it modded but it was removed from 4.0 update.... btw my wii is old like almost 1-2 years.

BTW is there a way to roll back all hacks on wii besides the HBC? like all the stuff i did from the offline guide.

You probably updated to 4.0 by just using Nintendo's update. This will remove all the cIOSes and Trucha vulnerability. You will need to get the cIOSes installed before you can downgrade back to 3.2. Just follow the online method of this guide.

People have removed all hacks from their Wiis in this forum. Just search for "Virgin Wii", you will find some guides. I've never done it so cannot tell you any more that that.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting to step 5 of the online guide in the OP, but keep getting stuck when I press A to confirm the patch sig hash check in ISO60. I am stuck at "Content 15/15 ID: 0000000e...Done" and nothing happens. Any help would be very appreciated.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be a noob, but I am stuck on step 3. When I ran the prepare file it made both SD1 and SD2 folders.

In SD1 it has the folder"private" and boot.dol
In SD2 it has the folder"Apps" "Wad" boot.dol, hacks IOS36-64-v1042.wad

Do I just go ahead and copy both folders onto my SD? Also I already have IOS249 will this effect your steps in anyway? Also in step 3 " Make sure there is no cioscorp folder and rename your old private folder."

I don't see a cioscorp folder, so that is good ...but what do you mean rename your old private folder? You talking the one in SD1?

BTW No Wireless internet.

At least I can Triforce..so that makes me a semi-noobish.

?
 ? ?

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hammyface said:
I keep getting to step 5 of the online guide in the OP, but keep getting stuck when I press A to confirm the patch sig hash check in ISO60. I am stuck at "Content 15/15 ID: 0000000e...Done" and nothing happens. Any help would be very appreciated.
I had the same problem. The fix was simple... I had to take out my gamecube memory card! This liked to have drove me
wacko.gif

The first post may want to put that up as a pre-req (if it was there, I must have missed it)

Hope this helps you.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
or should i skip the part with 1-18 wads? i installed em and got big black screen and then i restarted the wii and continued from the black screen and after every 5 wads it comes back and at system menue it always comes, should i skip that part? im afraid i might brick
OK Heres what you should do if you are at that step in the guide. Intall IOS30 and SystemMenu.wad only and you will be on 3.2

lbsega said:
1) Following the Online Upgrade / Downgrade instructions, is it possible to swap using Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater at Step 4 with using the Wii's System Update?

2) If so, is there be any loss in functionality (i.e. homebrew, backup loader, usb loader, loading WADs, etc.) other than not being able to use Trucha-signed discs?
You may use nintendos update with IOS249 the only things you will lose are trucha bugged IOS files. I have done this multiple times.

steaky1212 said:
Previously I downgraded from 3.4e to 3.2e to get the homebrew channel and backup channel working on my Wii.
Now i want to update to 4.0e using the offline method but when i get to cmdvdx35 stage i get the "You are a pirate" - despite not having the cioscorp folder, and after running shared2clea.
Well when I got that error message I ran Shared2Cleaner and formatted my SD card and that fixed it

QUOTE(fernandolds @ May 19 2009, 04:30 PM) Hey guys, I did the upgrade, online method, everything works fine (or at least i think! jaja) but I just noticed that when trying to load up a game via the Backup loader (Wii gator 0.3) if I click A to load the game, it works fine, it loads the game no problems...

But if I click on "restart with hooks" I get an error dump!! some exception happens and then a dump... i have to restart the Wii to get it going again.

Any ideas? is this normal?
this may be due to having preloader installed. i reccomend just using the preloader hacks for move disc channel nocopy saves etc

BillandAlisha:
download the updated guide it only has one folder to make things simpler... if you already have IOS249 you may skip the install cios_fix.wad step
if you have a folder named "private" just back it up somewhere so you can put bannerbomb on the sd card

QUOTE(brainwabrain @ May 19 2009, 09:50 PM)
I had the same problem. The fix was simple... I had to take out my gamecube memory card! This liked to have drove me
wacko.gif

The first post may want to put that up as a pre-req (if it was there, I must have missed it)

Hope this helps you.
Thanks ill put that in the FAQ

PatchyFog

Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
PatchyFog said:
and this is where I'm struggling, it just won't install. I keep getting the error message ERROR (ret -1035). I've tried from the beginning a couple of times and still I get the same error.
Im guessing you already have a cIOS installed since you have USB Loader. It may not allow you to install an older version of IOS249 but if you already have a cIOS installed you may skip this step.
Out of curiosity could you try something for me? Running WAD Manager using IOS35 try going to cios_fix.wad and uninstalling it and then installing it. might work.

Hi, thanks for that info. I tried uninstalling the CIOS_FIX.wad but got the same error. So I did as you suggested and skipped that step, I continued with the guide and all seems to be okay - haven't had chance to mess with it yet but it looks okay, so many thanks for your help.

If I encounter any errors I'll report back.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Okay, just tried everything, all seems to work great - USB ISO Loader, Channels from SD, Trucha signed discs etc.

(All I can't get to work is "Install WADS from USB Storage device" in WAD MAnager 1.4 but I'm guessing that's something I'm not doing right, and anyway, there's no doubt countless threads dedicated to that so I'll look there)

Excellent work, cheers for the help.

di4medollaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man awsome guide thank u sooo much
yaynds.gif
Easy instructions for a noob like me and working like a charm! Thank u for going out of your way to make this.

DrV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I installed 4.0 through the official system updater since I wanted to try the SD-Card Menu...
I had HBC since before, and it still works, as do the WAD Installer... However, those games installed with WAD Installer
doesn't boot. (Failed to Launch) So now I'm wondering... Is it safe to just run the IOS60 updater?

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem when I try to patch the IOS60 file. I say no then yes twice, and when it goes to download the files it gives me an error saying something about an HTTP protocol error. I am using a wireless connection and every other app that needed internet access worked fine.

This is pissing me off to no end.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running on a 3.2U that was downgraded from a 3.4U.

My Wii already has the following:
Homebrew Channel 1.0.2
Preloader 0.28 (with some hacks enabled)
Bootmii installed on the boot (backup nand stored on laptop)
cIOSCORP
mIOS patched

It can run my originals & backups and install/uninstall wads with no problem. I'd like to not lose any of the functionality that my Wii already possesses. I'd just like to make sure that installing to 4.0U won't disable anything that I currently use. I'd just stick to 3.2U, but I want to update my channels and the SD Card Menu seems useful.

I would also like to ask if I should following the guide step by step seeing as I already have preloader, cIOSCORP, and the mIOS is patched from the SoftMii package or will some of the steps be redundant. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Gazoinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BillandAlisha said:
I hate to be a noob, but I am stuck on step 3. When I ran the prepare file it made both SD1 and SD2 folders.

In SD1 it has the folder"private" and boot.dol
In SD2 it has the folder"Apps" "Wad" boot.dol, hacks IOS36-64-v1042.wad

Do I just go ahead and copy both folders onto my SD?
I have the same problem, what do I do here? I downloaded the pack that it gives you at the start of the tutorial. I'm guessing SD1 is if you don't have the HBC channel, is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...