Not open for further replies.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I'm stuck at a point now. I'm running the IOS60 Installer, and in the right order I do No to IOS61, Yes to IOS 60, yes to patching IOS 60 - the screen shows it's patching 15/15 and then there is no further screen to say no to the shop channel. It's just stuck there on the screen. Do I have to run it again, what's causing it to hang?
I have to manually turn the power off from the wii console. Has it installed and can I then install preloader?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took all day to go through the process, but in the end it works. thanks for the guide!!!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KTroopA said:
thx assassda. a follow on question from your mention about preloader. As i have brick protection with bootmii, i wnt to also install preloader - seems like its benefits are good to have also
smile.gif
ive read i need to downgrade IOS files before i can install it. this sounds weird to me, but will that not break anything like HBC or disc backups loading atm? i plan to install preoloader 1st and then update using this guide, if that will work?
you need to downgrade IOS36

2yugimoto said:
will it work with the usb enthernet block?

Oh and BTW im outside the USA and if the connection cuts offis that a big problem?

and if no how to roll back every thing and start from begining?
no it says in the guide wifi only
connection loss shouldnt be a problem
try downgrading to 3.2 and then use Anytitle Deleter to delete all IOS above 36 (keep 36) and format system memory and then install cios and try the online guide

Makar8000 said:
Also, Do I use sd1 if I don't have homebrew, or sd2?
download the latest pack and follow the newer instructions in the first post

QUOTE(sekhu @ May 17 2009, 02:46 PM)
Ok I'm stuck at a point now. I'm running the IOS60 Installer, and in the right order I do No to IOS61, Yes to IOS 60, yes to patching IOS 60 - the screen shows it's patching 15/15 and then there is no further screen to say no to the shop channel. It's just stuck there on the screen. Do I have to run it again, what's causing it to hang?
I have to manually turn the power off from the wii console. Has it installed and can I then install preloader?
if it froze just try again if it keeps freezing start over

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assassda said:
sekhu said:
if it froze just try again if it keeps freezing start over

Hi,

I tried a few times and it still kept freezing, so I started over and the same result. So what I did was let it patch then manually turn off the wii, then installed preloader 0.29, and in the menu section of preloader it says IOS60 so I'm assuming it worked?

thanks

PatchyFog

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this if anyone could offer any advice that would be great.

I'm currently on 3.2E with HBC, USB Loader 1.5, various WADs needed for certain games, and StarFall.

I'm trying to upgrade using the offline method, I get to this part

QUOTE said:
A) Run CMDVDX35 and choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit"]

and it fails as the guide says it might, Then HBC channel restarts. I then move to this step

QUOTE said:
B) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

which installs correctly as far as I can see. Then, when I move onto the next step

9) Now Using the Homebrew Channel Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

and this is where I'm struggling, it just won't install. I keep getting the error message ERROR (ret -1035). I've tried from the beginning a couple of times and still I get the same error.
Not sure if it matters, but when I run prepare.bat 2 folders are created sd1 and sd2, I've used every combination of the contents of these folders I can think of (as there are 2 boot.dol files created, 1 in each). Also, MooSFV gives me a tick next to every WAD created.

Oh, and I'm using Windows 7 RC if that's been known to cause any problems with WAD creation.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
"2yugimoto"

will it work with the usb enthernet block?

Oh and BTW im outside the USA and if the connection cuts offis that a big problem?

and if no how to roll back every thing and start from begining?

"assassda"

no it says in the guide wifi only
connection loss shouldnt be a problem
try downgrading to 3.2 and then use Anytitle Deleter to delete all IOS above 36 (keep 36) and format system memory and then install cios and try the online guide

i have 4.0U and the problem is i am doing this so i can downgrade to 3.2U
BTW after i format will i be able to install HBC?
or is there a way to downgrade after i installed cios rev 10? because i did cios fix after that and went to wads
if there is no simple way should i just Format wii and add new HBC using ur websites banner bomb?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
I tried a few times and it still kept freezing, so I started over and the same result. So what I did was let it patch then manually turn off the wii, then installed preloader 0.29, and in the menu section of preloader it says IOS60 so I'm assuming it worked?
Try running some WADs from the SD card menu. if it works then cIOS60 is installed correctly. If they dont work try searching for CIOS60HK.zip or get cios60.wad from the offline guide and install that.

PatchyFog said:
and this is where I'm struggling, it just won't install. I keep getting the error message ERROR (ret -1035). I've tried from the beginning a couple of times and still I get the same error.
Im guessing you already have a cIOS installed since you have USB Loader. It may not allow you to install an older version of IOS249 but if you already have a cIOS installed you may skip this step.
Out of curiosity could you try something for me? Running WAD Manager using IOS35 try going to cios_fix.wad and uninstalling it and then installing it. might work.

QUOTE(2yugimoto @ May 18 2009, 03:35 AM)
or is there a way to downgrade after i installed cios rev 10? because i did cios fix after that and went to wads
if there is no simple way should i just Format wii and add new HBC using ur websites banner bomb?
If you have cIOS installed try using the Online Guide. Run IOS-Downgrader and then cIOS-Downgrader

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assassda said:
sekhu said:
Try running some WADs from the SD card menu. if it works then cIOS60 is installed correctly. If they dont work try searching for CIOS60HK.zip or get cios60.wad from the offline guide and install that.

Do you mean using WadManager? I have a Wiiware WAD which I will try.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sekhu said:
assassda said:
sekhu said:

Do you mean using WadManager? I have a Wiiware WAD which I will try.

Installed and tested Crystal.Defenders.R1.USA.WiiWare.Wii-OneUp WAD. I was told this needed IOS60, so I'm guessing my IOS60 installed and patched, it just freezes after patching so I can't say no to the shopping channel option which never appears anyway. In case someone else ran into the same problem

thanks

fernandolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I did the upgrade, online method, everything works fine (or at least i think! jaja) but I just noticed that when trying to load up a game via the Backup loader (Wii gator 0.3) if I click A to load the game, it works fine, it loads the game no problems...

But if I click on "restart with hooks" I get an error dump!! some exception happens and then a dump... i have to restart the Wii to get it going again.

Any ideas? is this normal?

BlueArmyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, having an issue here. I did the online upgrade to 4.0, followed every step as I was told to, but whenever I try to access the SD card menu, the wii freezes on the "Loading from the SD card" screen. Is there something not playing nice, or did I mess up, or miss a step, or something I need to clear off of my SD card before this will work?

Any help would be appreciated.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueArmyMan said:
Okay, having an issue here. I did the online upgrade to 4.0, followed every step as I was told to, but whenever I try to access the SD card menu, the wii freezes on the "Loading from the SD card" screen. Is there something not playing nice, or did I mess up, or miss a step, or something I need to clear off of my SD card before this will work?

try formatting your sd card first then try to reinstall IOS60 or try starting over from step 1

BlueArmyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
BlueArmyMan said:

try formatting your sd card first then try to reinstall IOS60 or try starting over from step 1

I'll try that a bit later, thank you.

Semi-related question, once I've gone through all the steps and everything's done, can any files be taken off the SD card, or does it all need to stay on there for good?

EDIT: Tried removing the private folder from the SD card, and lo and behold it worked! Accessed the SD menu okay, so as a test I re-downloaded Actraiser to the SD card, and not only could I access the channel okay, the game ran fine. Thanks for the help!

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(2yugimoto @ May 18 2009, 03:35 AM) *

QUOTEassassda

If you have cIOS installed try using the Online Guide. Run IOS-Downgrader and then cIOS-Downgrader

btw i got the cios rev 10 and cios fix from ur offline guide but i dont have wads installed.

I Do Not Have WIFI,

so will the downgrade work offline? using IOS-Downgrader and then cIOS-Downgrader?

or should i skip the part with 1-18 wads? i installed em and got big black screen and then i restarted the wii and continued from the black screen and after every 5 wads it comes back and at system menue it always comes, should i skip that part? im affraid i might brick

if none of those is an option should i format my wii and instsall HBC from your thread? and start over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk