OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mellowman78 said:
Is there any possibility to update from regular 4.0 to the 4.0 version from Waninkoko?
the only difference is that waninkoko's doesnt update unnecessary IOSes and keeps trucha bugs, if you want it just follow this guide...

QUOTE(Gullwing @ Apr 14 2009, 06:19 AM) There is no current way to downgrade from 4.0 right? Because I updated my PAL wii and I want to install wads...
sure there is if you have cIOS follow this guide if not try here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried this method and followed everthing in the guide to a tee but unfortunately I cannot launch games from disc channel (followed the guide for the softmii miiwii part) and when I use gamma the picture is in black and white and fickers up and down. Anybody else encountered this problem? BTW i'm on 4.0 u now. Should I repeat all the steps in this guide again and try to reinstall?

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I reinstalled everything again following the guide to the tee but gamma launcher does not work properly still have black and white games and screen still flickers and cannot launch backups through disc channel anymore. Softchip however is working flawlessly I think I have r87 on my wii. maybe it is Wanin's rev10 that is the problem. I will try installing rev9 and see if that makes any difference. Any help would be appericiated.

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work regardless of what IOS's I have installed previosly? I am running 3.3u NTSC. I only use the wii for homebrew channel and installing .wads, none of that other jazz.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys, so from the step where it says that it is highly recommended to install preloader to prevent bricks, what do i do from the preloader screen where it shows the 6 different options?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help, please?? darn! messages like these get moved to next pages too fast!!!
mad.gif

sorry again for the triple...
blush.gif

drstupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
okay guys, so from the step where it says that it is highly recommended to install preloader to prevent bricks, what do i do from the preloader screen where it shows the 6 different options?
You don't have to do anything from here unless you want to. After you install Preloader you are protected from (some types of) bricking - system menu corruption.

So Preloader means, if you install a WAD that screws up your system menu, you can shut off the Wii, then hold down the reset button and press "power" on the console - continue holding reset - preloader should launch. You can then go down to Homebrew Channel to launch HBC, and from HBC run a WAD manager to remove the WAD that bricked you.

Most people also use preloader to patch the system menu (block updates, bypass health screen, etc.) - that is optional and separate from the brick protection - but if you want, get the hacks for 4.0 for your region from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks and put them in a text file called hacks.ini in the root of your SD card. Load Preloader (hold reset, turn on wii) and go to system menu hacks, enable the ones you want with A and press Save Settings, back out with B and load the system menu and see if things are working.

Question while I'm here - the region free Wii games hack isn't working for me - does someone have a 4.0 hack for region free wii games? (Tested with Madworld PAL - no longer recognized after updating to 4.0 but it worked in 3.2 - Madworld NTSC works though.)

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meowayne said:
Thank you for this guide and all the needed links. It worked perfectly. : )

Thank you very much.
Wait a second, I take that back. My Mii Channel doesn't work anymore. It worked on 3.2E after updating for old-firmware compatibility. I'm sure there's an easy step in getting it to run again. Shall I just run the Mii Channel Updater again?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
assassda said:
Prerequisites:
--Homebrew Channel Installed
--SD card
--Working Internet connection

3) Install cIOS36 rev10 using WAD install mode

Hello, I currently have a Wii with SystemMenu 4.0U and HBC (previous ver) installed. When attempting to install the cIOS rev10, I am getting errors from the Wad Installer. I have tried using two different wad programs, neither of which had any success. I have not installed any custom IOS prior to the update to SM 4.0.

Do I need to follow the instructions to downgrade my system FROM 4.0 prior to this guide, or am I missing a simple step? Any help is greatly appreciated.
wub.gif
THANKS!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Hello, I currently have a Wii with SystemMenu 4.0U and HBC (previous ver) installed. When attempting to install the cIOS rev10, I am getting errors from the Wad Installer. I have tried using two different wad programs, neither of which had any success. I have not installed any custom IOS prior to the update to SM 4.0.
you need to install cios before upgrading
try following this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735
and then start this guide over again

Hero-Link said:
this has just screwed my trucha signed discs... great... dont use this if you wish to retain trucha discs
dont blame this guide for something you did wrong. i run custom discs from 4.0 using this guide all the time. try it again and dont blame people for your own mistakes

Wait a second, I take that back. My Mii Channel doesn't work anymore. It worked on 3.2E after updating for old-firmware compatibility. I'm sure there's an easy step in getting it to run again. Shall I just run the Mii Channel Updater again?
that sounds strange... maybe just run the steps again will fix it. sounds like an IOS60 problem

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, two questions. Why are these steps needed? All you do is put it in the sd card, and dont run it or anything?

1) Run NUSD with the title "0000000100000024" and v"1042" check "Pack WAD" and hit "Start NUS Download"

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/6/6d/NUSD_v1.zip

2) Rename "0000000100000024.wad" to "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" and put it on your SD card X:/IOS36-64-v1042.wad

And....
Why is this step last? If I wanted to prevent bricks, why wasn't this the first step?

7) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

http://crediar.no-ip.com/preloaderv0.29-cred.rar

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiguy said:
OK, two questions. Why are these steps needed? All you do is put it in the sd card, and dont run it or anything?
step 3 uses the WAD

QUOTEWhy is this step last? If I wanted to prevent bricks, why wasn't this the first step? [/b]
you can install it earlier but you will need to reinstall it after updating again and there is nothing risky in the previous steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work