Hacking Ultimate Spiderman

meangreenie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
According to this DS compatability list (I'm sure you all know it) .. http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=28 .. Ultimate Spiderman is listed as working fully on SC-Lite.

It also works on my old SC-CF with Kingston Elite 1GB (have to use the pause trick though with my Kingston standard), but some sound effects seem to be missing .. ie no punching sounds or web-slinging, the music and voices is fine though.

So can it be true that the SC-Lite plays Ultimate Spiderman with no missing sound effects ? Could a nice SC-Lite ownner test it please
smile.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have had confirmation that the sounds are missing on the SC-Lite too.

My theory is it boots without locking on the SC-Lites because of the high performance MicroSd mem cards. I get the same result when using SC-CF with my Kingston Elite 1GB (1.0 m/s access speed, the same speed as a Sandisc MicroSD Ultra).

For anyone wanting to play this on slower mem cards there is a trick to get it going.

1) Patch with all main options on 'fast' 'restart' 'trim' with the latest client
2) start game and skip the intro and press 'Start' immediatley the game-play starts (this is trickier than it sounds... keep trying, you wil have success eventually)
3) once successfully in the 'pause menu' don't immmediately go back to the game, hang for a minute,scroll up and down check the options ect.. whistle a verse of 'dixie'
4) now press 'b' to get back to the game and you can now finish the intro level without it locking.
5) After the intro level (very short), save. Now the game plays from that save point without any problems (apart from the missing sound)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I have had confirmation that the sounds are missing on the SC-Lite too.

My theory is it boots without locking on the SC-Lites because of the high performance MicroSd mem cards. I get the same result when using SC-CF with my Kingston Elite 1GB (1.0 m/s access speed, the same speed as a Sandisc MicroSD Ultra).

For anyone wanting to play this on slower mem cards there is a trick to get it going.

1) Patch with all main options on 'fast' 'restart' 'trim' with the latest client
2) start game and skip the intro and press 'Start' immediatley the game-play starts (this is trickier than it sounds... keep trying, you wil have success eventually)
3) once successfully in the 'pause menu' don't immmediately go back to the game, hang for a minute,scroll up and down check the options ect.. whistle a verse of 'dixie'
4) now press 'b' to get back to the game and you can now finish the intro level without it locking.
5) After the intro level (very short), save. Now the game plays from that save point without any problems (apart from the missing sound)

As Long as it isn't playable without doing tricks on Supercard SD it will stay listed as not working, it does work on Supercard CF with high speed CF and lite with any microSD
wink.gif

It's trange the sound isn't also there on M3 or G6 carts.

Makes you wonder if the original has sound for punches or webslinging!

wink.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been wondering the same thing. I even looked at reviews to see if any info about the sound effects could be got.

Maybe someone with the original or a UFP512/Ninja could let us know if there are any punching/ web slinging sounds.

btw.. anyone try Ultimate Spiderman with one of the new "Dane-Electric" SD cards ? it has an insane 0.8m/s access speed!! probably faster than a G6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol