Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok, need some help here. I updated to hermes v5 and now ATD v6 refuses to work & it worked just before I installed it (v5). Now when I choose to view system titles, I get "can't get count of titles (=1)"

Never mind, solved

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the IOS222/223/224 installer freezes on me every time I try to run it with no error. I can get past the IOS selection screen, I can choose whether I want to install 222 or whatever else, but when I actually try to start installation the app freezes without fail and without any error message of any sort. Anyone ever had an issue like this?

And yes, the same thing happens whether or not I have IOS38 unpacked on my SD Card. I deleted v4 of 222 and 223 in case they were getting in the way, but that wasn't the problem either.

EDIT: Never freakin' mind. My GCN card was in Slot B for some unknown reason. I never put the thing in that slot. XD

dabotsonline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green 32MB cache HDD (WD20EADS) inside an Antec MX-1 enclosure. It has two partitions, each with a formatted size of 930GB. The first partition, set as Primary and Active, is FAT32. The second, set also as Primary, is NTFS. Yesterday, I had Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev 17 installed and Hermes's cIOS 222 rev 4. I had never used uLoader before but USB Loader GX r899 was running perfectly. I had had no success with TriiForce r74 - r76 running WADs installed with ShowMiiWads to an emulated NAND on the FAT32 of the HDD, either created with Simple FS Dumper 0.2, 0.42 or FS-Toolbox 0.4 on SD and then transferred to FAT32 of the HDD. Therefore, I deleted the emulated NAND directories from my FAT32 of the HDD and was eager to investogate the uLoader method.

Today, I decided to install cIOS 222 rev 5 from my SD card. As recommended, I installed 222 to IOS38, 223 to IOS37, 224 to IOS57 and 202 to IOS60. I then created a directory named "nand" on the root of my SD and a subdirectory named "install" within "nand", in which I placed a quantity of WiiWare and accompanying DLC WADs. Running uLoader v4.9A for the first time, the WADs installed without issue. Upon trying the games, the ones with DLC WADs came up with an error:

QUOTE said:
The system files are corrupted.
Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions.

Upon restarting the Wii and reloading uLoader, I received the following prompt:

QUOTE said:
ERROR: USB Device Disconnected (try unplug/plug)

followed by another message:

QUOTE said:
The SD Device uses 4KB as cluster size.
To increase the speed using FAT you must use at least 16KB as cluster size... Press A to continue

after which the game menu would load and the previously problematic game would play.

I then tried connecting the HDD and left the SD card plugged in but did not transfer the contents of "nand" from the SD. I then left the SD card plugged in but transferred to contents of "nand" from the SD to FAT32 of the HDD. Because the HBC places precedence on the contents of the "apps" directory on the SD when both the SD and HDD are connected, both of these scenarios removed the "ERROR:" message, but the first scenario allowed me to play the games whereas the second did not. Placing new WADs in "install" with either scenario did not initiate installation.

Finally, I transferred "uloader" from the SD card to FAT32 of the HDD, removed my SD card and started uLoader from the HDD. This time, I received the following message:

No WBFS partition found

Any suggestions?

Incidentally, running USB Loader GX r914, r917 or the latest r919 from either the SD card or the FAT32 of the USB when connected (and SD card removed) is causing a code dump (the former after selecting either Partition 0 or Partition 1 and either IOS249 or IOS222, and the latter immediately after booting GX.

Thanks in advance.

Merve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. With uloader the wbfs partition has to be the primary partition, so if you want to use uloader you'll need to copy everything off it, re-partition it, copy everything back on - really annoying. --- EDIT: I guess this isn't true, I was just posting from my experience

2. Did you try using 223 to boot the games? Cios 222 didn't work at all for me but cios 223 works every time.

3. I recommend using the HDD for the vc/wiiware titles since HDDs (usually) load significantly faster than SDs.

My setup is HDD 1st partition wbfs, 2nd partition Fat32, all apps on SD, all games on the HDD. Works like a treat.

Robj1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Merve said:
1. With uloader the wbfs partition has to be the primary partition, so if you want to use uloader you'll need to copy everything off it, re-partition it, copy everything back on - really annoying.

My setup is HDD 1st partition wbfs, 2nd partition Fat32, all apps on SD, all games on the HDD. Works like a treat.

Merve I asked about partitions on post 169 of this thread and you can see the reply on post 170..... not had chance to do as yet but now I am a bit confused as to what to do

Merve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, well then I have no idea. For me uloader only works if wbfs is set to primary and is the first partition, followed by fat32.

I would try reformatting the drive to fat/fat/fat. Uloader will probably want to format the first one to wbfs, then see which of the fat partitions uloader can see and format the other one to NTFS.

josete2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can choose the partition you want to format to wbfs in the format menu (home->format disc).

In my WD 1tb I have one primary fat partition (200gb) and three wbfs, for casual games (500gb), party games (150gb) an musical games (150gb)

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose it's not possible using uloader and configurable usb loader at the same time, since uloader demans v5 of cIOS 222 and CFG doesn't have support for that, is that right?

I'm hoping CFG will support v5 soon so I can use both although i didn't get uloader working even with v5 installed, just got a black screen when trying to start a game, or "you system files are corrupted. Tried updating cIOS 249 to rev17 (don't know if that matters).

Please tell me if I should post any additional info.

All help is appreciated!

/Martin

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
Martin Configurable already supports v5.To use it just install the version with the fat-mload description on the tittle.
Also uLoader don't use cIOS 249 anymore so that is not important anymore.
Need more info but looks like when You installed the ver 5 installer something didn't install properley.
Hope this helps
Rem

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm with Merve that some, if not many, of the wiiware/vcgames have better compatibility with 223v5 and even 224v5. Sometimes a game (like contra) will on first run appear fine under 222 but on consecutive runs give a "system file error" blah message under the said ios.

At first, I thought it was a problem with Showmiiwads' extracted wads but I found it wasn't the case after testing fresh wads.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saving to usb in some games is dreadful lol i dont know why, most games have a little hiccup when saving to usb (like half a second of a hiccup nothing much) but e.g. tiger woods 09 saving takes around 5 mins saving to usb, so thats the ONE game save i save to my real nand lol.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
saving to usb in some games is dreadful lol i dont know why, most games have a little hiccup when saving to usb (like half a second of a hiccup nothing much) but e.g. tiger woods 09 saving takes around 5 mins saving to usb, so thats the ONE game save i save to my real nand lol.

I have also had some issues with saving as well. For whatever reason, my Zelda Twilight Princess saves are always corrupted on USB nand, so I have to use the real nand. The boom blox saves are also similarly broken. However, most of my game saves work fine and it doesn't take long to save/load.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it sucks, really wish tiger woods didn't take so long, heres to hoping tiger woods 10 saves to usb better lol not even kidding 5 mins anytime it saves (and it saves after every round)

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rem300wm said:
Hello to all
Martin Configurable already supports v5.To use it just install the version with the fat-mload description on the tittle.
Also uLoader don't use cIOS 249 anymore so that is not important anymore.
Need more info but looks like when You installed the ver 5 installer something didn't install properley.
Hope this helps
Rem

Thanks! Installed v5 and CFG does indeed work
smile.gif

However, tried loading Excite: World Rally, and it loads but when i try to start a track nothing happens (with hermes 223)
With 222 nothing works, just a black screen?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi

i tried out uLoader for the first time because of the save emulation feature. My HDD has 2 partitions, 1st is FAT32 primary and contains the uLoader app itself and the nand folder for the saves. Second partition is WBFS where all the games are.

The save emulation itself is working fine, but I can get the save extract function to work (I think it was called that). I would like to copy my existing saves from nand to the HDD. When I try is says successful after a short time (very fast) but it doesn't work. When I look on the HDD is has just created an empty folder under \nand.

I am using IOS222 v4 with IOS38 merge 37 as base. I have Preloader 0.30r4 installed. Tried with and without the hack 'Remove NoCopy Protection' enabled. Tried with GH Van Halen and Glasier 2.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong or another way of extractiing the saves?

Thank you.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
Hi

i tried out uLoader for the first time because of the save emulation feature. My HDD has 2 partitions, 1st is FAT32 primary and contains the uLoader app itself and the nand folder for the saves. Second partition is WBFS where all the games are.

The save emulation itself is working fine, but I can get the save extract function to work (I think it was called that). I would like to copy my existing saves from nand to the HDD. When I try is says successful after a short time (very fast) but it doesn't work. When I look on the HDD is has just created an empty folder under \nand.

I am using IOS222 v4 with IOS38 merge 37 as base. I have Preloader 0.30r4 installed. Tried with and without the hack 'Remove NoCopy Protection' enabled. Tried with GH Van Halen and Glasier 2.

Thank you.

You need to update your cIOS from version 4 to version 5. The old version 4 will work with the newest uLoader, but there is no NAND emu support. You only get the NAND emu support if you update to v5.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
xfcrowman said:
petspeed said:
Hi

Thank you.

You need to update your cIOS from version 4 to version 5. The old version 4 will work with the newest uLoader, but there is no NAND emu support. You only get the NAND emu support if you update to v5.

Thank you for your reply. I think the NAND emu is working fine because I can save on USb no problem. The only problem is, I can't export existing saves from NAND to my USB drive og SD card. I will try to update the cIOS to v5 and see what happens.

dabotsonline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Give that 5.0 will allegedly be the final version of uLoader, how hard would it be for someone to modify it to:

1. Remove the requirement for a WBFS partition to be present and the first partition
2. Add the ability to read full-size ISO files from an NTFS partition
3. Add the ability to download titles and cover art from WiiTDB.com

Am I right in saying that if these three conditions are satisfied, all the features offered by USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader, NeoGamma, TriiForce and Savegame Manager / MOD / GX will be available in uLoader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8