uLaunch - custom, open source Nintendo Switch HOME menu reimplementation

uLaunch

uLaunch is a custom, open-source Nintendo Switch HOME menu replacement/reimplementation!

screenshot.jpg

This isn't some kind of HOME menu extension, injection, patch, etc.: uLaunch is an entire reimplementation (of key components), 100% open-source!

Let uLaunch be the HOME menu Nintendo never bothered to make!

Last edited by XorTroll,

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a misconception that using CFW on sysnand will ban the Switch. It does not. I have been using CFW on sysnand for years now and I'm not banned. I do not install NSPs or similar on my Switch and avoid mods in popular games. I play my legit single player games with mods particularly resolution mods, fps cheats while also using modules like sys-clock, overlays, emuiibo, and more.

I am asking if uLaunch is safe because some mods may trigger a report.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But not to the system. Every crash will be redirected to the SD card. Thanks to Atmosphère.
We aren't talking about crashes though. ulaunch (if what I read in a thread here... perhaps this very thread... is correct) takes over something that is normally not used, and that usage will be sent to Ninty's servers when you launch OFW and try to access the eshop. There is an open issue on the github of someone who tested this, and supposedly did nothing at all, other than to install ulaunch. That user was banned immediately after rebooting to OFW and opening the eshop.

IT. IS. NOT. SAFE. Do NOT use this on sysnand. You have been warned. So now my conscious is clear and will heartily lagh at your misfortune for ignoring the warning.

and from Atmospher's repo for clarification: "Please note, not all telemetry is disabled."

Last edited by urherenow,

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We aren't talking about crashes though. ulaunch (if what I read in a thread here... perhaps this very thread... is correct) takes over something that is normally not used, and that usage will be sent to Ninty's servers when you launch OFW and try to access the eshop. There is an open issue on the github of someone who tested this, and supposedly did nothing at all, other than to install ulaunch. That user was banned immediately after rebooting to OFW and opening the eshop.

IT. IS. NOT. SAFE. Do NOT use this on sysnand. You have been warned. So now my conscious is clear and will heartily lagh at your misfortune for ignoring the warning.

and from Atmospher's repo for clarification: "Please note, not all telemetry is disabled."
Thanks for the heads up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...