uLaunch - custom, open source Nintendo Switch HOME menu reimplementation

uLaunch

uLaunch is a custom, open-source Nintendo Switch HOME menu replacement/reimplementation!

screenshot.jpg

This isn't some kind of HOME menu extension, injection, patch, etc.: uLaunch is an entire reimplementation (of key components), 100% open-source!

Let uLaunch be the HOME menu Nintendo never bothered to make!

Last edited by XorTroll,

akey83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
is there any way to get rid of these "unknown" ghost entries? They are not available when I launch HBmenu, only in uLaunch.
6uXdCG4.jpg

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
is there any way to get rid of these "unknown" ghost entries? They are not available when I launch HBmenu, only in uLaunch.
6uXdCG4.jpg
Those might be invalid or corrupted NROs...?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

uLaunch v0.2.1 is out, fixing compatibility with Atmosphere and adding some features (yeah, this one is a small release)
Check it out: https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch/releases/tag/0.2.1

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It's possible make it responsive, like a webpages, detecting the current resolution and resizing or changing elements for handheld mode I guess xP

I gona try later xP

Last edited by Chocola,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Home menu is always 720p. You need to use GetOperationMode or GetPerformanceMode to check if it's in handheld or docked mode.

And from what I checked uLaunch doesn't implement them.
upload_2019-12-30_17-35-37.png

di4b0lik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@XorTroll I would like to report an issue i'm experiencing with latest version of uLaunch: the game "Blacksad" always crashes just before the main menu. I am running latest version of hekate+atmo and the game works fine if i disable uLaunch.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XorTroll I would like to report an issue i'm experiencing with latest version of uLaunch: the game "Blacksad" always crashes just before the main menu. I am running latest version of hekate+atmo and the game works fine if i disable uLaunch.

Just out of curiosity, is the game on your NAND or SD card?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Odyssethan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably asking for a lot here but would it be possible to see the implementation of .apng compatibility for things like animated folders or backgrounds any time in the future? Just got into using uLaunch today and already love it and am having fun messing with custom themes!

Reactions: lordelan

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any updates recently? Running the latest build appears to not launch homebrew for me. Running 9.2 with latest Kosmos. Launching homebrew launcher nsp causes an Atmosphere panic, and launching any homebrew through the native homebrew browser causes another panic. There are several commits posted, but no new builds. I plan on setting up a switch build environment, but if someone already has a build made, this would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things