Uhhh.. Where do I start?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Inunah, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010

Uhhh.. Where do I start? by Inunah at 8:02 AM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I've been wanting to start playing Dragon Quest games, but because I've never played one before, I don't know where I should start....

I mean, I'd like to start on the DS, but if I need to play the games on other systems to get full understanding of who the characters are and what the story is, then I'll do that...

So, where do I start?

2. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    You can start with any of DQs since every one is a complete separate story (even though for example DQ 4-6 share somewhat similar element).

My first DQ was VIII .

3. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Oh. Thanks.

I was thinking it was kind of like Final Fantasy, I guess I was somewhat right about it.

Now... To find out if my only remaining ROM source has any Dragon Quest games and doesn't redirect clicks of the download button back to the home page...... LOL

Edit: Well shit. Looks like this was a wasted topic. The place I get ROMs from doesn't have any U Dragon Quest ROMs. Just J ROMs and Dragon Quest Monsters, which I'm not trying right now since I want to try main series titles first....

4. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Since you can start anywhere, just start with the new one.

It'll keep you busy for a loong time, and it's quite good. The only downside is that you might be a little disappointed in IV and V, as they don't compare well -- and this isn't to say that they aren't good, it's just that IX is really good.

5. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Pretty much what regnad said. Personally I like the newest one most, mainly because its quite similar to Final Fantasy 3 and 4 on DS.. Your choice really, no need to play in any order.