Hacking Ugh STILL can't get GC backup loader to work

Zoombus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry, I know this topic is all over the forums, but I'm not finding any solutions. I've tried a million different ways of getting the GC Backup Loader to work (both Xi and Theta), and none of them work. I've tried different IOSes, different CIOSes, different MIOSes, different Firmwares, and NOTHING works. I've done everything every guide says, so this isn't some stupid mistake. Whenever it tries to load a backup, it goes green and restarts my Wii. That's supposed to mean I didn't install the MIOS, but I did...help?

edit: I just realized that the mIOS didn't install right. It said 'Successful' but I didn't see that it said something about error -1017 i think it was. I get -1017 a lot when installing things like this...how should I fix that?

Chaos32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing has been happening to my wii when I try to use the GC backup launcher it goes green and restarts my wii. Are you using the miospatcher and if you are using it then are you installing it through wifi?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errors like this generally tend to be related to a connection problem with the Wii, since it has to connect to the Internet and download certain files. Make sure you have a good connection set up on the Wii. That's about all I can tell you for now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
error -1017 == signing check failed!

You are at 3.4 firmware aren't you? Didn't you read 100 times that a lot of stuff doesn't work on a 3.4 Wii, and most(if not all people) recommend to downgrade then? Downgrade to 3.2 and it will work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cygoku said:
Everything WORKS on a 3.4 Wii.

Explain that. A 3.4 Wii is a Wii with the 3.4 system menu and the 3.4 IOS to me, just to be clear. Does AnyTitleDeleter work with such a Wii? I seriously doubt that. You can get some applications running by installing a cIOS, but some applications, oh Waninkoko's cIOS36rev8 installer might be one of these, just use the IOS they are started with, which is IOS36 when you use the HBC.

PS: I don't think i have seen an IOS reload for IOS249 in WiiGator's cMIOS installer, but chances are at least Waninkoko's cMIOS installer will work if you have a cIOS installed.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really, why the hell do people insist on NOT downgrading?

Maybe delete the MIOS, and reinstall a cMIOS. ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.