Hacking Ugh, dealextreme can't be legit... can it?

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The prices on this website are sick! I find it hard to believe the products will actually arrive within 7-10 days, or be legit for that matter. Anyone have experience with them? Otherwise... I'm sticking to dealwoot.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS so your wait time could be 3-4 weeks in reality (in my experience). I'm patient with them because I don't order flashcards from them
wink.gif

Lets put it this way...if you only plan to order flashcards from them...you're gonna be whining here later about the shipping time. If you want to buy their other things, then you'll be just fine.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
recently ordered from them few weeks ago.
5 items total. w/ free shipping

Ordered on 23rd of July, my items arrived Aug. 5th.
California.

You could do Express Mail I think they say its 5-7days.
I think it starts at 14.95. It goes down the more you order.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
matrix121391 said:
I'm thinking of buying a CycloDS. Would this be a good place to buy it?
They don't sell it there anymore, TeamCyclops weren't happy that DX were selling them for so cheap, that people wouldn't buy them elsewhere.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme can price their products low because they are based somewhere in Asia (most likely China), where labor is cheap, and they don't have to pay many of the surcharges that online retailers that are based in the U.S have to pay.

matrix121391 said:
I'm thinking of buying a CycloDS. Would this be a good place to buy it?
In the U.S. Try dealwoot.com if you live in the West Coast, or realhotstuff.com if you live in the east coast.

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woot. Just placed my order for CycloDS Evolution + 4GB SDHC. Now let's hope it lasts me until X-Mas. I'm not too convinced these things have the best quality yet. Hopefully Cyclo will prove me wrong
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought from DX... great prices! Got a DSphat shell (black) and a DSphat top screen...

shell came within a week, the screen came 2 days later...

I really suggest you buy from them, they are AWESOME!

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I supported the GBAtemp affiliate. Figured this community does a TON for each other, so why not give back to it whenever possible. Just hope GBAtemp gets a little kick back from dealwoot from my purchase
blush.gif

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had 22 orders from them since November 2007 - no problems, apart from slightly slow shipping. I've avoided DS Flashcarts though because of obvious stock issues - if and when they arise.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Been buying off DX for half an year now, all my orders arrived. Yes they are cheap and yes they do offer free shipping anywhere in the world. Their products are functional too. Their only con is that yourecieve your order within a month and sometimes you have to poke them with a support ticket cause they dose off on orders.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you get free shipping, you should expect to wait longer then what the time frame says. I like my stuff shipped here quicker, so if it is sent by FedEx, USPS or UPS I will be happy because the wait time is much shorter. US postal service is great, I have had two items shipped from America that got to my house fairly quickly, one got delayed because it was around Christmas time and there was a huge backlog but the other came within 3 days of recieving payment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DTApple, gonna download the gdevelop app cuz sometimes i don't have the chance to use my pc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also got an idea for another game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    A rythm space shooter
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Its funny because crypto cannot be recovered, just another one of those Nigerian scams that ask you for a Google Play giftcard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBs0AG_MN3g
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also hi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, why are most scams from mid-east countries?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I've reported the domain directly to their registrar so that they can take action. ;)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, To be fair, I have no idea.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because they are not as economic compared to us.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so their only way of getting money is thru scams?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Exactly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Why not they just mine Monero instead of scamming vulnerable people? If they have a decent machine they can hit a jackpot at any given time.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Bitcoin on the other hand, requires a very powerful mining rig and is more costly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, different cultures so probably they have their reasons
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes a $2,000 rig for $5 a day
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Or could be in correlation to laws.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Technically, cryptocurrencies aren't illegal, as long as you don't use it for criminal activity. If you sign up with an exchange, and that they get a tip from law enforcement, they have the right to freeze your assets.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I heard law is vastly different there
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway