TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the opera browser starts up.
but then i get an chinese error en it shutdowns.
cry.gif
Mind sharing how you wrote it?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ MunkeeMan
Yea my guess is people didnt know what the hell they were doing. If 10 kids go out and buy condoms....5 kids apply them the right way, 5 kids wear em as hats, all 10 have sex, 5 kids have babies.....you cant be mad at the condom company cause 5 kids didnt know what the hell they were doing. I have 2 with no problems.

Two what... condoms or babies?
laugh.gif

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone have a definite answer as to why the G6 Lite's were getting corrupted?
Was it just people not being careful enough when using their carts with their computers?

I frankly have no idea.
I've flashed my G6 Lite about 20 times, to test various things (I just flashed it *four* times today, to test recovery mode after I flashme'd my NDSL; seems like the G6L is all but useless in recovery mode). I haven't had anything go wrong.

What I think is happening is:
1) The cartridge is not secured properly or not making proper contact.
(there was a post about someone not even having the blue light on when it was attached to the drive, until he jiggled it).
that can be a shop level defect. I've already seen posts about people's passcard3's not booting correctly after awhile, and since that's in a regular NDS cartridge case, I don't see how anyone can screw that up.

2) People forcibly snapped the cartridge out of the flash drive, scratching or damaging the PCB or the plated connectors.
3) Dust or something in the slot.

That's all I can think of ATM.

I do remember someone else having problems after they switched the case from the white one to the blue one (and of course this can only happen due to mounting problems).

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I just updated and saw the new safe mode....anyone know what its for?

safe mode is intended for new games that don't work with other patching methods. It is a generic patch with no special options enabled, and may work for games that are released between patcher releases.

bushWhats the difference between BG and BIG5 ?

GB is simplified chinese character sets used in mainland china. BIG5 is for representing the traditional chinese characters. used in taiwan and sometimes hk.

digimax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those wondering, the Chinese simplified characters update (GB) are, for now, the wrong files. I updated to Big5 and downgraded because I can't read traditional characters!

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
haha i tot the corrupted chinese characters can keep my dad off my ds lite.. But no~ no thanks to the pictures he boot it up no problem.. Now my ds still have to be grounded for him to play =(

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say, in response to some other posts in this thread, that I had major problems with the white G6 Lite case. The G6 ships with the cart preinstalled in the white case. The screw was stuck in the case, and the case itself was loose (the covering was coming of.) So, when inside the DS it wasn't snug and games crashed, etc.

I switched it out with the light blue case and now it fits much more tightly in my Lite. Gameplay is now fine, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s