Question Two Switches. Best setup for each?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Jedis, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Jedis
    OP

Jedis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2009
    United States
    Hello,

My launch Switch is still on 2.3.0. It is not hacked and is pristine.

I just purchased a second Switch that the serial shows it’s possibly patched. I have not proceeded to identify if it can be hacked yet.

My SX Pro dongle was delivered yesterday. I would like to hack one of the Switches, I suppose the older one, and leave the other pristine. I’m assuming I would want to keep the old one offline so it doesn’t get banned and hack that one. The old Switch has all of my game saves on it.

Is there a way I can keep game saves in sync between the two Switches? The second Switch is brand new and hasn’t been powered on yet. What is the best way to avoid being banned?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated! I’m unsure of the best method to proceed with hacking a Switch and the best method forward with my dual Switch situation.

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Hack the old Switch, and don't hack the one you just bought. Easy. Only go online with the new one (unhacked) and there is zero risk of being banned. As for keeping the game saves in sync, I'm not too sure this can be done. Why would you want to play the same games on both consoles?

TotalJustice likes this.
  3. Jedis
    OP

Jedis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2009
    United States
    Should I use a different email address for the Nintendo network ID? Or can I use the same on both Switches?

Thinking if I started playing a game on the always offline Switch, and I wanted to update it or take it somewhere and play docked with others online, having the saves available would be ideal.

Is there a better method to follow for hacking the one, keeping in mind I have a SX Pro dongle? Should I bother with emunand? Is there a guide that lists how to update games and the OS on the offline Switch?

4. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    I'd use a different NNID incase the one on your old switch is banned just to be safe

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    You should definitely bother with emunand, it's great! Updating games on the offline Switch is as simple as installing a nsp file. Updating the OS is done with ChoidujourNX. Still not sure if you can sync game saves. I'll let someone else answer that.

6. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    emunand is the best man, have a ton of games downloaded on the emunand and still play bought games online on sysnand. Best of both worlds, without buying a second switch.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    The only way to sync saves between switches is with homebrew if you're keeping one offline. So youd have to run homebrew on the new one too and then that will he banned if you go online.

eskinner3742 likes this.
  8. fragged

fragged GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
  9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    warmboot exploit chain allowing CFW to be booted without RCM, and possible untethered coldboot exploit

10. Jedis
    OP

Jedis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2009
    United States
    Is there a guide to follow with SX Pro and updating without burning any fuses? Trying to put the pieces together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. mrgarrison

mrgarrison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2009
    Canada
    Boot up the SX menu
    Make the emunand
    Boot into emuNAND and update it with choidujournx to 6.2 (or lower if you want?)
    Normal boot will stay on current OFW, RCM boot will use emuNAND
    take underpants
    ???
    profit.

Last edited by mrgarrison, Jan 26, 2019
    jscjml likes this.
  12. 98otiss

98otiss Phantom Thief

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    use kosmos instead https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
    it works better than sx os, because its just atmosphere with a lot of additions to help newbs and its easy to setup and easy to update. ill even help if you trouble setting up kosmos

ELY_M likes this.
  13. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Why should the OP switch to Kosmos if he owns already the SX Pro? Why exactly is it better than SX OS? SX OS is very easy to set up and use.

14. 98otiss

98otiss Phantom Thief

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    well does the op want their switch to accidentally brick in the future or burn a fuse because of tx's mistakes
    https://pastebin.com/HH7qDcaC (copied from a switch hacking discord)

ELY_M likes this.
  15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    SXOS is pretty much just outdated AMS sysmodules with DRM that costs money

98otiss likes this.
  16. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    SXOS actually has emunand too, as of right now its the best choice for CFW lol. People just dont want to pay for it.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  17. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    People are greedy.

18. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Lol most of us here are pirates anyways. So no offense taken.

chrisrlink likes this.
  19. 98otiss

98otiss Phantom Thief

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    the op has two switches, he doesnt really need emunand, plus if atmos implements it they would do it a lot better than tx

20. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    True that. In that case no point buying SXOS.