Two questions about modded vWii.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sunefa, Nov 27, 2015.

1. sunefa
    OP

sunefa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    Greece
    1)Can i still run my legit wii discs on the console w/o problems?
    2)Are there more programs other than Nintendont and Wii loaders? Am i able to play N64 or older games, for example? If yes, which programs should i be looking for?

2. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 28, 2013
    Canada
    1. Yes, you shouldn't run into any issues with legit Wii games.

2. Almost all homebrew applications (except for the ones that modify system files, these will most likely brick your vWii!) that work on the Wii work on the vWii as well. If you're looking for emulators, check here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators.

3. sunefa
    OP

sunefa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    Greece
    Thanks for the answer, are you sure about the second one though? Wii emulators can work with vWii too with no problem as well? Just looking for a N64 one and a game boy/gameboy advance too.

Some suggestions would be great.

4. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 28, 2013
    Canada
    I installed some of the emulators on my vWii a while back and had no issues.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    only fowarders for the homebrew channel dont work so you will have to find fowarders for vwii or just use them from homebrew channel, preety much all default homebrew works perfectly only stuff like fowarders and emunanads and such need vwii stuff.

6. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah