Gaming Two games not working

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

I'm having trouble with two games on my PSP. To get the technical stuff out of the way, I'm using an old PSP 1000 model running 5.50 Pro-5, according to my system settings. Been a while since I updated it. What is the latest stable hacked firmware, by the way? Anyway, to business.

Most of my games, like Monster Hunter Portable 3rd's English patched ISO, work fine. Only two are proving to be annoying as shit.

- Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together has the same fault whether I use the ISO or the UMD (I bought it to save memory card space), in that I'll get through the opening scene with Lanselot and move to start the first mission, and it'll lock up and shut the system down entirely. Happened regardless of version. What's wrong with the damn thing?

- Rock Band Unplugged works fine, but no matter what I try I cannot get my downloaded DLC's to register. I'm using the actual UMD and while I can at least get the DLC to show up on my XMB, it never EVER shows up in game. Have I missed something? I'm getting bored of the standard songs so getting the DLC to work will increase its lifespan a little. I have every song to date as far as I'm aware, downloaded through somewhat less than legal means, naturally. Any ideas?

Swift replies would be most welcome as I am limited on internet access right now. End result is that if I don't know how to fix this by the time my connection expires here at the library, I'll have to wait at least two days to find out. Two days during which I'll be extremely bored. HELP!

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

I'm having trouble with two games on my PSP. To get the technical stuff out of the way, I'm using an old PSP 1000 model running 5.50 Pro-5, according to my system settings. Been a while since I updated it. What is the latest stable hacked firmware, by the way? Anyway, to business.
I would suggest 6.20 PRO-C F3 because everything is compatible with it as far as I know with no problems.

- Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together has the same fault whether I use the ISO or the UMD (I bought it to save memory card space), in that I'll get through the opening scene with Lanselot and move to start the first mission, and it'll lock up and shut the system down entirely. Happened regardless of version. What's wrong with the damn thing?
I would suggest to check your plugins to see if anything is interfering and it does happen like my problem with FFIVCC and brightness plugin cause somehow it won't let me play with a lower than standard brightness.

- Rock Band Unplugged works fine, but no matter what I try I cannot get my downloaded DLC's to register. I'm using the actual UMD and while I can at least get the DLC to show up on my XMB, it never EVER shows up in game. Have I missed something? I'm getting bored of the standard songs so getting the DLC to work will increase its lifespan a little. I have every song to date as far as I'm aware, downloaded through somewhat less than legal means, naturally. Any ideas?
Have you tried using NPLOADER?

That plugin is made to load DLC and it loads fine so far during my tests with it using Disgaea and Nendoroid.

Swift replies would be most welcome as I am limited on internet access right now. End result is that if I don't know how to fix this by the time my connection expires here at the library, I'll have to wait at least two days to find out. Two days during which I'll be extremely bored. HELP!
Hope this helps but I doubt it since no one bothers listening to me anyway.

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.
1st UPDATE your to latest cfw should help since this days there should be no reason to stay at that firmware.
2nd If you dont want to update try to disable any plugins that you have.

this should solve your tactics ogre problem

Regarding your rock band never used any dlc so cant help you there.

if you want to update to latest firmware download and install ofw 6.60 for your psp
download a hen for 6.60 and then install cfw of choice. either ME or PRO.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the most up to date version of NPLoader I could find as it was needed for my Dissidia Duodecim DLCs. It's on, but makes no difference. When I first got the DLC's I had to rename the folder as it wouldn't work under its original name, now it's been renamed it'll show up on my XMB but not in Rock Band itself.

Will try the new firmware, see if that fixes Tactics Ogre. About time I updated the damn thing anyway.

And yes, you have been very helpful. My thanks to you.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to criticize but I don't see why there is a need to update to 6.60 if you are going to use CFW since the compatibility ratio is the same for PRO-C with all from 6.20 to 6.60 cause you have games that need 6.60 OFW running fine on 6.20 CFW.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the most up to date version of NPLoader I could find as it was needed for my Dissidia Duodecim DLCs. It's on, but makes no difference. When I first got the DLC's I had to rename the folder as it wouldn't work under its original name, now it's been renamed it'll show up on my XMB but not in Rock Band itself.

Will try the new firmware, see if that fixes Tactics Ogre. About time I updated the damn thing anyway.

And yes, you have been very helpful. My thanks to you.
Then I must assume you have a bad batch of DLC, this happened to me before and I had to find and download the one for the region my game was win. For example a EU DLC will not work with the US game even if they're region free.

I'm on 6.20 and I can run Tactics Ogre fine but I have the ISO and that might make a difference but I highly doubt it because you have the UMD.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded firmware 6.60 Pro C from FileTrip, can I just update directly to it for my current settings or is there some trick to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1