twilight menu red screen

ricky_peepee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i play my pokemon hgss rom it always ends up crashing in a red screen with what seems to be random white numbers on the screen. I have tried downloading many different roms all with the anti piracy patch but the twilight menu ++ keeps saying i dont have the patch and my game keeps crashing. What do i do.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wich version of Twilight menu (latest v25.1)/ nds-bootstrap (latest v0.62) do you use? Update them to latest version (Maybe u need update Luma, too. latest v11.0). The AP patch will be aplied automatically for every needed game by nds- bootstrap. Also for Pokemon HGSS.
Maybe try a version without implemented AP patch. Since v9.1 they are included:
What's new in TWL menu ++ v9.1 ?
* AP-patches (up to 99) are now included, so you no longer need to manually AP-patch some of your ROMs.
If the ROM you launch, includes an AP-patch in TWLMenu++, the AP message isn't shown.
(May still show in the Acekard theme.)
AP-patches are applied on-the-fly by nds-bootstrap, so your ROMs will stay clean!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wich version of Twilight menu (latest v25.1)/ nds-bootstrap (latest v0.62) do you use? Update them to latest version (Maybe u need update Luma, too. latest v11.0). The AP patch will be aplied automatically for every needed game by nds- bootstrap. Also for Pokemon HGSS.
I've already helped him on Discord, and the solutions we've tried (except downgrading) did not work, so now he's waiting for a fix.

Reactions: Sypherone

QuinnCeptions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same red screen while playing Chrono Trigger. Just after the Undersea Palace when lavos breaks free it red screens. I'm open to suggestions!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same red screen while playing Chrono Trigger. Just after the Undersea Palace when lavos breaks free it red screens. I'm open to suggestions!
Is this with a clean ROM, or a ROM hack/translation?
If it's a clean unmodified ROM, then turn off card read DMA in the per-game settings menu (opened by pressing Y in TWLMenu++).
If the issue persists, then downgrade nds-bootstrap to a previous version and test each one. Continue the process until the bug doesn't occur, and report the version without the bug here.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Sypherone

QuinnCeptions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this with a clean ROM, or a ROM hack/translation?
If it's a clean unmodified ROM, then turn off card read DMA in the per-game settings menu (opened by pressing Y in TWLMenu++).
If the issue persists, then downgrade nds-bootstrap to a previous version and test each one. Continue the process until the bug doesn't occur, and report the version without the bug here.
It was a clean rom, after afew restarts (thankfully my save wasn't corrupted) I was able to get past it. I'll try the DMA setting next time !

Reactions: RocketRobz

Squidguy83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me in HG right after I saved the game out of caution. I updated twilight menu to stop the random black screen glitch in HGSS and looks like it made a new red screen glitch lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over