Hacking Twilight Hack workaround for 4.0

jt1394

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure we can't install cIOS or DVDX because we have no IOS available that will accept truncha signed code. Previous IOS16 fit that role, but now that isn't available anymore. We'd probably need another exploit like in the twilight hack.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Look guys i have loads of bricked wiis, just waiting for a game on 4.0e to come out to unbrick 3 of them
Btw anyone know of a 4.0 game yet?
Anyway i call them my dog wiis they are for test, so any ideas u would like me to try i dont mind taking the risk,Also i have savemii and an infectus2

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
to install the tp hack you need a modchip...yeah might as well not bother cos if you have a mod chip you don't need the tp hack!
tongue.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
to install the tp hack you need a modchip...yeah might as well not bother cos if you have a mod chip you don't need the tp hack!

Not true. USB Loader is an excellent reason to spend money on a modchip - if this works.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
wchill said:
Yeah, but I still have to say that a lot of people on 4.0 don't have modchips.
So it's still kinda useless for them :/

True. Im on 4.0E, and and only started looking up Wii hacking after id updated
cry.gif

Cant wait for a fix to install the HBC on 4.0. Ive also got a couple mates that want me to do theirs, but unfotunately they are also on 4.0E.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

Not true. USB Loader is an excellent reason to spend money on a modchip - if this works.

if you have a chip you can install the loader without needing to do any of this hence this guide is pretty pointless

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

if you have a chip you can install the loader without needing to do any of this hence this guide is pretty pointless
not on a virgin 4.0 i think

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is full of misinformation from people talking about what they apparently know nothing about, and should be closed....nearly half the statements in this thread are untrue, if you read this thread and feel like you learned something, try to forget it.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

Mate that is just not true, the trucha bug is not in 4.0 ios it stopped at 3.2
Where is thread going?

two-rok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

well i've got a 4.0E wii with a modchip, can you tell me how can i install HBC on it, please?

cheers

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pspmte said:
Look guys i have loads of bricked wiis, just waiting for a game on 4.0e to come out to unbrick 3 of them
Btw anyone know of a 4.0 game yet?
Anyway i call them my dog wiis they are for test, so any ideas u would like me to try i dont mind taking the risk,Also i have savemii and an infectus2

Do you have try this?:
http://hackmii.com/2008/05/semi-brick-fix-discs/

madhutter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway a 4.0 menu can get TP hack on as stated? As far as i can see there isnt i have a lot of beer mats to prove it. I've tried lots of recovery cds on a 4.0e menu that was a wanin update that didnt finish properly and ends up having not all of the needed IOS's to run these hacks i can prove this becuase on another wii with the successful wanin 4 install everything works and recovery menu boots all of the discs that the (for all intents and purposes) virgin wii doesnt. Both wii's are chipped.

I agree that most of this thread is BS so dont waste your time on it. I've tried it all and none of it works, unlike the people saying it should work in theory i have tested it and in practice it doesnt work.

two-rok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wii backup disc gives me a black screen.

i burned it on a dvd-r like a normal wii bacup game

i'm on a PAL wii, is there a special way to boot it on my wii?

savemiifrii worked, it showed my 3.2E version on one wii and 4.0E on the other

but i can't seem to boot any dvd

any help please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30