Hacking Twilight Hack Problem

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem tyring to install the twilight hack on my friends wii. I just shoved a boot.elf from the homebrew channel beta 8 on the root with the hack. I'm installing it, but then it's different to mine. It says:

"You have Wii System Menu version 354 (v22 EUR) installed.
The Homebrew Channel hs only been tested with Wii system menu 290 (v18) and below.
Press accept to continue at your own risk"

I just wanna get the twiliht hack out of the way, then I'll install the HBC properly through a WAD manaer. Can somebody help asap?
frown.gif
Do I accept?

ebdynasty

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the latest files and have you actually checked what version the wii is, for example mine is 3.3E

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii is 3.3E. I don't think I am using the latest files. Does this mean he updated his wii to the update where nintendo blocked installations of wads? :S

ebdynasty

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3.3E and it works fine for me, just make sure he doesn't update through nintendo again. From what I know the latest file for backup launcher 0.3 is an exe file that you place onto your sd card and simply extract into there.

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided I'm going to cancel, and put a new boot.dol in there (wad manaer v1.3) how do I cancel it? Can I just turn off the wii?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
YEAH course i'm sure, Nintendo wouldn't brick anyone's Wii, they'll always try and prevent homebrew hacking, there's nothing they can ever do about modchips etc. (only future consoles and that's a maybe)
Nintendo wouldn't want the bad publicity etc if they sent updates to wii that caused them too brick, (from having homebrew things installed on wii)
the only way you will get a certain bricked wii, is by messing with the settings with region changing, messing with banners in custom channels etc. (that's just stupid people though)

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
YEAH course i'm sure, Nintendo wouldn't brick anyone's Wii, they'll always try and prevent homebrew hacking, there's nothing they can ever do about modchips etc. (only future consoles and that's a maybe)
Nintendo wouldn't want the bad publicity etc if they sent updates to wii that caused them too brick, (from having homebrew things installed on wii)
the only way you will get a certain bricked wii, is by messing with the settings with region changing, messing with banners in custom channels etc. (that's just stupid people though)
and when bootmii comes out wiis are gonna be practically unbrickable!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.