Gaming TWEWY Battle System

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wondering if its even possible? im hoping its just one of those games that you just get mutilated at until you get the controls right, then its just a matter of mastering and customizing em...im at the mutilation part, that 1 legged blindfolded dog fighting a lion stage =P

anyone conquered it yet?

ivykinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
step 1: find the right combo of pins that suit you
step 2: keep the top screen on auto until you are proficient in kicking ass in the bottom screen with said pin combo
step 3: learn to multitask by controlling both top and bottom at the same time

its possible to complete the game with *almost* solely using bottom screen fighting and top on auto.
but its not incredibly hard to control both at the same time, you just have to multitask. the top screen is just D pad combos - LLLLL, or LLULL, LLDLL, RRRRR, RRDRR, RRURR. they dont get more complex than that really.

Tri3dgE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A neat trick to master the combat system is to follow the "Light Puck" (green orb) that passes between Neku and his partner, by continuously passing it you can deal a damage multiplier
laugh.gif

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had my top screen on instant auto as I couldn't be bothered looking at both. The only problems I had when it came to difficulty was that only my top character died as I had regen on the lowerscreen. So sometimes I could just swtich to the top screen and just ignore the lower screen
biggrin.gif

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...

1 Find pins i comfortable with and use only those

2 Set top screen to auto until i get good at owning on the bottom and only play on bottom until then

3 Get used to the top screen combos (theres only 3 the whole game right? and they just go in diff directions?) and just start multitasking from there

4 Start trying different pins and battle sys customization crap

that makes sense...id thought about using only bottom but it felt like cheating but i think weening myself onto the top screen after mastering the bottom makes sense...i mean the bottom is the harder one right?

thanks! awesome tips and info as always

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spam the Dpad and focus on Neku. I have yet to meet a person who KNOWS what they're doing with the top screen.

halomasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
I just spam the Dpad and focus on Neku. I have yet to meet a person who KNOWS what they're doing with the top screen.
Thats what I do basically. If you use Joshua he can float in the air and he can rape without you even looking at the top screen. Recently I've been following the puck more to focus on both screens so I can deal serious damage. I say only focus on the top screen if your desperate for stars or if the top screen char is losing to much health (which causes Neku to loose health). Other than that you can keep the puck moving just by spamming d-pad.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joshua in the air, using the blue beam things is awesome. I just press up at the beginning and then spam left and right.

I've been collecting pins and items for the longest time. I check walkthroughs and spend like tonnes of time getting to them. I am actually obsessed with this game...

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did what a lot of people here said, mostly just spamming the dpad for the top screen when I first started playing. It's easier at least to do that early in the game before your other two partners: or I should say, at least early in the game you have a much better chance of still getting your sync pin (sorry, forget what it's called) to activate since with shiki you always have a 1-in-3 shot of getting the right card picked. It definitely took a lot of play but by the end of the game I was pretty proficient at managing both screens successfully, but that said I still kept the top screen on 3-second auto in case i needed to pay attention to neku for longer. If you follow the puck and use pins you're comfortable with, it's pretty easy to keep the puck almost constantly moving. After a while, you'll get better accustomed to the controls for both screens and will be able to afford quick glances while you're firing off attacks on the top screen. If I ever saw another card/number I needed on the top screen in my attack tree, I would deviate to that branch to try and get my sync pin closer to a L1 or L2 stage. With joshua you could sometimes go for a while without landing the proper hi/low numbers, and with your last partner it could get downright impossible some battles to get what you needed unless you were paying SOME sort of attention to what you were doing up there.

Practice practice practice. I thought my brain was going to melt when I first started playing TWEWY but it's definitely within a human's grasp to pick it up
smile.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
They say:
1. Find the best pin combo for you, that is, the combo you're most comfortable with

difficulty: absolutely easy

2.set top screen to auto until you get the hang of bottom-screen battles

difficulty: nothing easier than this

3.Try to multi-task once you mastered bottom-screen battle

difficulty: and here's where it goes to hell

You see, unless you put your DS far enough, you can only see one screen at a time, multi-tasking is possible, but controlling both of the screen with you knowing what the hall are you doing is almost impossible, believe me, I tried.

You can follow the puck and concentrate on the screen with puck, but the true meaning of mastering it is you know what's happening on both scren and you can control them both, almost imposible I say

The answer: So, no, I can't master it......................

Damn, do I really have to write those above text?
unsure.gif

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i thinking you just have to get used to the top screen commands. i mean, the enemies are the same and in the same positions on both screens right? so wouldnt it be a matter of just looking at the bottom screen to see where the enemies are and figuring the button you need to start with on top (L or R) and going from there? so in theory you wouldnt really have to look at the top screen at all if you knew what commands went to what attacks; you wouldnt even need to look to figure out where the puck is, the absence of the puck on the bottom screen means its on the top.

maybe you get different partners and it changes or maybe im just wrong altogether, i dunno

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It took me a while but I *finally* mastered balancing the top and bottom screen and juggling my attention between them. It took a while to find a good combination of pins and equips but I can usually pull out a dual attack in about 10 seconds at most.

I've started playing on ultimate difficulty at low level. Crazy huh?

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally leave the upper screen alone 100% of the time. I managed to beat the game at somehow low level ( 39 ) like that and still can win battles for the secret reports at hard with sufficient healing using the bottom screen only. The AI is really not that bad to control the top player on the screen ( at least after playing FF Crsytal Chronicles on the DS, any AI seems better ).

Will try to practice using both screens but personally I find that it pays off a lot better to keep a close eye on neku so he never stops attacking and never actually lets enemies perform any attack, this also helps since if you are constantly going through 4 or 5 pins and cycling non-stop you'll keep getting the light puck from the computer and racking up multipliers anyway.

Last fight took some adjusting to pay atention to the arrows but nothing too hard.

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I just put my on easy and lowest level with top on immediate auto...i like it cuz it lets me concentrate on getting good with neku but with the option to experiment and practice using both screens also.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's also those pins that you blow on the microphone... I myself use the slashing ones (murasame, the up slashing and the grave marker), a bullet one from Happy Puppy or whatever and healing pins... But I never got the 3rd fusion attack...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: