TuxsliDeS

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
TuxsliDeS
NEW DS Homebrew

TuxsliDeS is a DS homebrew made by Tomdev. The game is a side scrolling platformer where your mission is to guide your penguin to safety while avoiding obstacles and enemies. More information can be found at the project page linked below.

QUOTE(Release Notes 03/20/11) said:
  • After some quick coding I present you my winter-game: TuxsliDes. The goal of the game is, to let tux slide back to it's igloo.
  • important: You'll need a loader which supports the argv protocol to play this game, so if you don't have a card-menu with support for argv, I advice you to use the homebrew menu.
  • Controls:
    • A = jump
    • Dpad = steering

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • important: You’ll need a loader which supports the argv protocol to play this game, so if you don’t have a card-menu with support for argv, I advice you to use the homebrew menu.
What is the argv protocol?

I have an Acekard 2i running the latest version of AKAIO. Does this use the argv protocol?

D

Deleted_11405

hey wow gonna check it out. its looks as tux race what i played on pc was a fun game with simple but cool music: racing with a penguin on his belly down to the finish. dunno if you can choose the icebear gliding on a tube or this penguin looks the same as the linux icon
wink.gif

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mooiweer said:
hey wow gonna check it out. its looks as tux race what i played on pc was a fun game with simple but cool music: racing with a penguin on his belly down to the finish. dunno if you can choose the icebear gliding on a tube
wink.gif
Ha yea the coder has played that game also I believe, I know him...

Tom1307

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tomdevsblog.drunkencoders.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CoNS said:
  • important: You’ll need a loader which supports the argv protocol to play this game, so if you don’t have a card-menu with support for argv, I advice you to use the homebrew menu.
What is the argv protocol?

I have an Acekard 2i running the latest version of AKAIO. Does this use the argv protocol?
Iirc yes, the argv protocol is a protocol for passing arguments to a function, in this case it's needed to retrieve the filename so that Nitrofs (also referred to as libfilesystem) can be initialized
wink.gif

This is important because the collision map I made can only be read if nitrofs is initialized.

Tomdev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...