Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

deros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does it take to format an usb drive? I'm waiting half an hour by now and it doesn't seem to work, I guess.

deros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after a second attempt the formating process worked, but now I have this problem:
Viro said:
Now when I try my WD My Book 650gb, I am able to partition it. after I partition it, I try to install the games and something weird goes wrong:
-it'll open up the game and will attempt to install it. 2 seconds later, it tells me to push any button to continue. I assumed this was to let me install it, but instead it brings me back to the main screen.
Is there a solution for that?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've got a little question...I hope it's not a too hard one... . The wbfs-Filesystem only works with Partitions which are 500 GB, right? Otherwise, all over 500GB would cause problems. Now my question: Is there a possibility that an Update of the Wbfs-Filesystem will sort that out? And if yes, would reformating the whole HD/Stick delete all the ISOs on it? These are probebly questions for Waninkoko/Kwiirk, but I thought I'll ask here...

Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I've got a little question...I hope it's not a too hard one... . The wbfs-Filesystem only works with Partitions which are 500 GB, right? Otherwise, all over 500GB would cause problems. Now my question: Is there a possibility that an Update of the Wbfs-Filesystem will sort that out? And if yes, would reformating the whole HD/Stick delete all the ISOs on it? These are probebly questions for Waninkoko/Kwiirk, but I thought I'll ask here...

Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

It certainly works for everthing under 500GB. It should work with any partition size, I don't see why being over 500gb would make a difference. And reformatting would definitely delete all the ISO's on it, that's a fact. Waninkoko will most certainly release more version of the ISO loader soon, I jsut can't tell you what will be included on it. You can always just back up the ISO's on your comp before format, though.

QUOTEIs there a solution for that?

You've successfully installed the IOS file, right?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Darkzero51521 said:
It certainly works for everthing under 500GB. It should work with any partition size, I don't see why being over 500gb would make a difference. And reformatting would definitely delete all the ISO's on it, that's a fact. Waninkoko will most certainly release more version of the ISO loader soon, I jsut can't tell you what will be included on it. You can always just back up the ISO's on your comp before format, though.
QUOTE*** ATTENION *** USB Loader1.0/1.1 cannot install game into wbfs partition larger than 512GB(524,289MB) , so you need to partition your Hard Drive in order that the partition size is smaller than 512GB.

From the Wiki. Also read that several times...don't know if that only won't work via Loader...maybe via Windows it will work...Oh, and I can't back up the ISOs...too less Space
tongue.gif
. All my games are on DVD...so I guess I have to make two Partitions...

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
utahraptor said:
spliffdizzle said:
Darkzero51521 said:
spliffdizzle said:
I'm having problems installing the cIOS36_rev9. It gives me error ret=-1017 right away. I also tried installing cIOS36_rev8 and had the same issue.

My current setup is as follows:
NTSC Wii with 3.2u
Cyclowiz chip with 3.6 firmware
Starfall 0.5 NTSC

In AnyTitleDeleter I noticed I do have an IOS249 and IOS254 installed from back in the day. Would deleting these help? I got my IOS36-64-v1042.wad using WUFE on FFCC:EoT. The cIOS installer doesn't seem to have a problem with .wad file, the error pops up on the first step "extracting content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)". Please help! I haven't been following the scene too closely recently, since I do have a modchip and didn't really need a backup loader, but the prospect of .iso loading from USB is a sweet one...

The IOS36-64-v1042 file should be:
Size: 1.68 MB (1,772,096 bytes)
Size on disk: 1.69 MB (1,773,568 bytes)

And do not uninstall a ISO file. I still have those IOS's installed as well, but rev 9 is independent of those.

That's a strange issue, though..Google doesn't bring anything up for error -1017.

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't uninstalled anything yet. My IOS36 .wad file is the correct size. I've tried googling this also and haven't found much of anything. There's gotta be something installed that's getting in the way though, just don't know what it is.

I'm having the same problems except I am running NTSC Ver. 4.0U, but with a Wiikey v1 with no starfall

I got the answer on the tehskeen forums... use AnyTitleDeleter to uninstall IOS249, then cIOS36_rev9 will install just fine!

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K, your games on burned DVDs should be sufficient for backup purposes if you don't have a lot of free space on your main computer. If and when you need the .iso again, you can use ImgBurn to rip the burned DVD for you, then transfer that .iso over to your WBFS partition on your USB drive using the Windows app. Then just keep your burned DVDs in a safe place and should barely ever have to use them.

I can't wait for the USB Loader app and Windows app to get all tricked out. I'm waiting for a partition backup/ghost functionality for WBFS. Backup my ~100GB WBFS partition to my main computer, and if anything were to happen to my external USB drive, I'd just replace it and ghost over the backed up WBFS partition. Bam, like new. Would also be great for hooking up friends with massive Wii game libraries in under an hour.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500GB is plenty of room. If worse comes to worse, you can just make another 500gb partition that's formatted as NTFS and put more ISOs on there..Interchanging the files whenever you need.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One piece of info I would like to add about USB Loader:

For those that have FlatMii installed, you don't have to remove the USB device for this to work. USB Loader will work just fine in conjunction with FlatMii.

(I have to use it on one of my Wiis, since the disc drive broke and was removed. Technically I could put the drive back in, but I don't want to.)

TRAVSTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to format my partition letter (:Z) but it says " Error no partitions found! (ret = -38
7916961) "

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRAVSTR said:
im trying to format my partition letter (:Z) but it says " Error no partitions found! (ret = -38
7916961) "

Using USB Loader or using WBFS Tool?

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's say I start from a Vanilla Wii. Can I just get a hacked Twilight save, install the Homebrew Channel through that, move the IOS-xxx.wad to the root of the SD card, along with everything from the usbloader apps folder, install the custom IOS by running the IOSInstaller and then I should be able to load the USBLoader through the HBC?

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Long time no see... Aaaaanyway...

I am one of the many members here who wants to use a USB drive that contains two partitions. Unfortunately, many have found this to be impossible. This is most likely because you cannot assign a drive letter to what Xp considers to be unallocated space on a drive when there's already allocated space for a working partition. The unallocated space I am referring to is obviously the WBFS formatted drive. I was wondering if anyone has resolved this issue for windows users.

I have heard rumors that one can accomplish what I am currently ripping my hair out over with Linux. Would it be worth my while to try booting Ubuntu via live CD and attempting this? Or is there a WBFS build for Linux I am currently unaware of? I'm sorry if I look like a noob saying this, but I rarely use Linux except for retrieving data from the occasional failed hard drive.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get the source code to WBFS? Looking to port to Macintosh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes