Homebrew [Tutorial] Setting up Pegaswitch and Preparing for Homebrew

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm not asking for help, bud. I'm wondering why it's 3.0-only when the vulnerability exists on any and all previous firmwares. Devs stated you can be on any firmware for the exploit to do its thing.

Well, considering the fact that it's been stated in multiple threads, multiple times, I guess it's on you for needing to ask the same question again. BUD.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Gotcha. Do you think they'll port it to the previous firmwares? Kinda sounds like a kick in the balls, since all of us below 3.0 were kind of told it'll work on those firmwares, as well.
it cannot be backported since the exploit was introduced in 3.0.0 and patched in 3.0.1

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it cannot be backported since the exploit was introduced in 3.0.0 and patched in 3.0.1
Huh. I thought they were using the vulnerability which was in the previous firmwares, as well?

Well, considering the fact that it's been stated in multiple threads, multiple times, I guess it's on you for needing to ask the same question again. BUD.
Woah. Calm down there, 18 post. You're a fucking newbie here. I've been here for a while. It takes a while to gain respect and you're not exactly taking the smartest route, kiddo. Don't be a fucking cunt, to senior, well-respected members, asshole. Jesus Christ. Calm the fuck down.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,
Reactions: Frysenberg

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it's a seperate vulnerability, also @Randall Stevens has been here since 2003, so I don't think they're a newbie.
Thanks! Well, noobie or not, he's a fucking ass. And he's being that way, unprovoked, so as far as I'm aware, he's not welcome here. He's not a very active member here. Also, he clearly has to know his place. Being an asshole for absolutely no reason isn't smart.

Do you know if they're going to release/improve upon the development of utilizing the exploit on the subsequent firmwares?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, so you're saying this is a different exploit, though? And how can the previous firmwares be patched? I guess I'm not fully understanding...? My Switch is sitting at <3.00
ok so the exploit for pegaswitch works on <3.0.0 and rohan (a completely different exploit used for code execution in pegaswitch) works only on 3.0.0 because nintendo failed a ro rework.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so the exploit for pegaswitch works on <3.0.0 and rohan (a completely different exploit used for code execution in pegaswitch) works only on 3.0.0 because nintendo failed a ro rework.
Ohhh. So this is the big vulnerability that was also similarly used in the 3DS 4.5, right? So I missed some somewhat newer information. Well, time to find Pokken from a redbox...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i'd say rohan is a big exploit, but not to the level of cfw, more like ninjhax.
but ultimately, I'm sure it will lead to something along those lines, if it's similar to the vulnerability in the 3DS' 4.5 firmware.

Damn, do we know if Redbox has Switch games yet? Haha

I appreciate the information, by the way! Thank you!

Reactions: peteruk and iAqua

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but ultimately, I'm sure it will lead to something along those lines, if it's similar to the vulnerability in the 3DS' 4.5 firmware.

Only in certain cities so far. There's also getting a used copy at GameStop, if it's already used I believe you get a full refund.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only in certain cities so far. There's also getting a used copy at GameStop, if it's already used I believe you get a full refund.
I appreciate it, thank you! Maybe I'll just wait a while before picking it up. I still have Skyrim, Rocket League, Doom, and many other games for the Switch in my backlog. I appreciate it!

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it set up and running in Windows
you have to update your nodejs to the latest version using:

Code:
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_7.x | sudo -E bash -

then

Code:
sudo apt-get install nodejs

Reactions: Xyphoseos

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd go out and update to 3.0.0 just yet. SciresM, for example, seems to be of the opinion that 1.0.0 will be the best firmware to be on for hacking purposes. I don't know if this would also be true for 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, or 2.3.0, however.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd go out and update to 3.0.0 just yet. SciresM, for example, seems to be of the opinion that 1.0.0 will be the best firmware to be on for hacking purposes. I don't know if this would also be true for 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, or 2.3.0, however.
You can stay all you want. I personally go with buying a new Nintendo Switch, and migrate my account over to that system, like what I did right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN