Homebrew [Tutorial + Scripts] Usage of HANS.

ThatIvanRakuen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, this is a weird thing that happened but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen. I tried loading HANS just then and played my Animal Crossing: New Leaf cartridge. Then a few different villagers popped up and I realized it was a new save data but the game was already played on the cartridge. I thought I lost my town but when I launched the game normally, everything was normal.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
3ds/cia -> roms.
romfs -> rom files
Encryption -> Games are encrypted, so nobody can see them. There are several ways to decrypt them.
Cia -> Rom Hmmnn.... For a simple explanation that's right. But more precisely (according to 3DBrew) it's an "Importable Archive". It's like the Windows MSI files and Android APK files. They contain ROM Data / RomFS that is later installed as an app. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OK. So here's my problem. I edited BCSTMs in 3D Land and re-packed the RomFS. I run the gen_romfs.bat and everything goes well. I put the RomFS on my microSD and run it through HANS but it just gets stuck and freezes when I run it. Why?

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Solved! I re-dumped my CXI using Braindump and extracted the RomFS. I then copied my edited BCSTMs and rebuilt the RomFS. I put it it sdmc:\hans and ran it. It worked!!! So, in conclusion, the problem was an incorrect CXI after all!

CubeBag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to run Hans with Pokemon Moon, it says "Invalidated icache" and then hangs, and I have to exit Hans. Is it an issue with newer games that can or can't be fixed or should I re-install Hans or what? (I don't know how if that's the case)

Edit: I'm on O3DS 11.0.33 U

Last edited by CubeBag,

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.2 new 3DS get this when loading pokemon sun or moon through Hans

Attachments

• IMG_4469.JPG
    IMG_4469.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 199

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Whenever I try to run Hans with Pokemon Moon, it says "Invalidated icache" and then hangs, and I have to exit Hans. Is it an issue with newer games that can or can't be fixed or should I re-install Hans or what? (I don't know how if that's the case)

Edit: I'm on O3DS 11.0.33 U
It won't work on Old3DS as it is an extended memory game. It also has PASLR so a fix is needed for hans to work on New3DS

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess a hans patch doesn't require the whole romfs content and you can delete all the files which are identical to the cart game when creating such a patch?

Edit : Found my answer on a previous page, so it require the full romfs folder, so it make pretty big patches :o

Last edited by davhuit,
Reactions: PabloMK7

mikuchan540

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a black screen when trying to load my pokemon Y randomizer on hans using The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3DS as my homebrew launcher. Anyway to fix that? UPDATE:I got it to go into the game menu but when i try to load my save file it goes to black screen again

Last edited by mikuchan540,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol