Tutorial  Updated

inject and use codebreaker v10 into ps2 iso's for cheating

so i came across a tutorial that will work basicly you can inject the code breaker v10 files into virtualy any ps2 iso and cheat on the game (breaking it down in my own words)....ok so let's dig in you need a few things first though

things you need
1) a cfw'd ps3 (dunno if hen works can even be a non bc slim on rebug)
2) your ps2 iso and codebreaker files+ulaunchelf (either dump or find the isos yourself they say google is your friend but imo duckduckgo is better)
3)7-zip (this is to dump your files from within the iso's your using (I believe you can also explore/dump files from ps2 dvds also as it has a load dvd option)
4)imgburn (this is to rebuild your modded iso)
5)multiman or irisman/webman mod
ok so we got those squared away

1) first install imgburn
2) either get your ps2isos from the net or dump them yourselves

(if premade iso)
a) open Apache and load the iso, make a folder for codebreaker files and your ps2 game
b)once loaded click track 1 and files should appear in the right pane highlinght all of them and rightclick extract and select either the cb folder or game folder on your desktop,i'd advise you to put your cb folder somewhere safe if you plan to do this to multiple games also put the ulaunch BOOT.ELF in the cb folder i would also rename the main exe to like codebreaker.elf in the cb folder (could either be slus or codebreaker you'll see it)
if dvd
1) pop into your dvd and open apache, load the dvd using the file menu and do step b from the previous section

3)next copy don't cut the cb files into your game iso folder and overwrite SYSTEM.CNF
4) fire up imgburn and select "create disc image for files/folders"
select the add folder icon (folder icon with a + on it) and select your game folder a question asking basicly if you want to add just the files inside the folder to the image click yes
5)next it'll ask for volume info delete all text in this box leave it blank and click next it will build your iso
6) now that your iso is done either put the iso on your usb USB:\PS2ISO or if you launched multiman already ftp into your ps3 and put the iso directly into hdd0/PS2ISO
7) make a virtual memory card using the xmb (PS2) and mount it to slot 1 (I will try if allowed to make a custom vmc with custom codes nothing else on it since that is tricky and it beats manually inputting codes), then mount your ps2iso in multiman and run the iso
8) you'll be greeted by ulaunch elf (if done right) hit O (filebrowser) and go to cdfs:/ next select codebreaker.elf and code breaker will load
9)select your game from the list and the desired cheats hit start and it'll ask you to swap disc just hit X
10) you'll be greeted again by ulaunch elf repeat step 8 but instead of codebreaker.elf select the SL(X)S (X being the region) file this is the game's executable the game should start with the codes you selected enabled
HAPPY CHEATING

Last edited by chrisrlink, , Reason: 7-zip is a better solution than apache

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just rename the CB elf to whatever name the ULE is for each iso so you dont need to go through the extra steps of ULE?

might work, but you need a way to load it. never tried injecting cheats though. I have codebreaker on a memory card for the ps2, since it's only around 3MBs. I use it only for injecting or backing up saves.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might work, but you need a way to load it. never tried injecting cheats though. I have codebreaker on a memory card for the ps2, since it's only around 3MBs. I use it only for injecting or backing up saves.
I do also and thats the reason I asked because I would love to have the option built into the game itself and load my ps2 games through OPL on my ps2. I don't mix and match games with systems, I keep the games dedicated to their prospective consoles.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do also and thats the reason I asked because I would love to have the option built into the game itself and load my ps2 games through OPL on my ps2. I don't mix and match games with systems, I keep the games dedicated to their prospective consoles.

same here. my nes mini only has nes games, snes snes games, and genesis genesis games.

Reactions: Cylent1

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remember i said i'd create (rather found) a save file which contains extra codes? well i found one (props to leon souza on youtube for compiling a crap ton of codes (1890 games in total (NTSC-U) i'm adding my compiled .cbs ( if allowed) cause the guys video more his onedrive link contains the cb.elf, I'll add a short tutorial on how to import it

items you need 1 the cbs file i uploaded 2 mymc(gui) https://sourceforge.net/projects/mymc-opl/files/latest/download

first and foremost create a cb save (contains your code db) by running the cb.elf once on the iso and hitting X when it asks to save

2) ftp into your ps3 (don't export the save via save data utility) go to hdd0:/savedata/vmc and download your ps2 vmc (will be 8mb)

3) open the .vmc in mymcgui (windows 10 users must switch to win 7 compat mode to run) to open click the drop down and select all files and open it
4) you should see your codebreaker save now delete that by clicking on it file-->delete (a pain i know think the devs forgot an overwrite function) next go to file--->import and import my cbs make sure root name is PCB on the save save your vmc and upload it back to the vmc directory
5) load your iso cb.elf and all those extra games should appear on the game list

Attachments

• last update.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 398
Last edited by chrisrlink, , Reason: directory correction on step 2

nrock

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
thanks a lot <3

so i came across a tutorial that will work basicly you can inject the code breaker v10 files into virtualy any ps2 iso and cheat on the game (breaking it down in my own words)....ok so let's dig in you need a few things first though

things you need
1) a cfw'd ps3 (dunno if hen works can even be a non bc slim on rebug)
2) your ps2 iso and codebreaker files+ulaunchelf (either dump or find the isos yourself they say google is your friend but imo duckduckgo is better)
3)7-zip (this is to dump your files from within the iso's your using (I believe you can also explore/dump files from ps2 dvds also as it has a load dvd option)
4)imgburn (this is to rebuild your modded iso)
5)multiman or irisman/webman mod
ok so we got those squared away

1) first install imgburn
2) either get your ps2isos from the net or dump them yourselves

(if premade iso)
a) open Apache and load the iso, make a folder for codebreaker files and your ps2 game
b)once loaded click track 1 and files should appear in the right pane highlinght all of them and rightclick extract and select either the cb folder or game folder on your desktop,i'd advise you to put your cb folder somewhere safe if you plan to do this to multiple games also put the ulaunch BOOT.ELF in the cb folder i would also rename the main exe to like codebreaker.elf in the cb folder (could either be slus or codebreaker you'll see it)
if dvd
1) pop into your dvd and open apache, load the dvd using the file menu and do step b from the previous section

3)next copy don't cut the cb files into your game iso folder and overwrite SYSTEM.CNF
4) fire up imgburn and select "create disc image for files/folders"
select the add folder icon (folder icon with a + on it) and select your game folder a question asking basicly if you want to add just the files inside the folder to the image click yes
5)next it'll ask for volume info delete all text in this box leave it blank and click next it will build your iso
6) now that your iso is done either put the iso on your usb USB:\PS2ISO or if you launched multiman already ftp into your ps3 and put the iso directly into hdd0/PS2ISO
7) make a virtual memory card using the xmb (PS2) and mount it to slot 1 (I will try if allowed to make a custom vmc with custom codes nothing else on it since that is tricky and it beats manually inputting codes), then mount your ps2iso in multiman and run the iso
8) you'll be greeted by ulaunch elf (if done right) hit O (filebrowser) and go to cdfs:/ next select codebreaker.elf and code breaker will load
9)select your game from the list and the desired cheats hit start and it'll ask you to swap disc just hit X
10) you'll be greeted again by ulaunch elf repeat step 8 but instead of codebreaker.elf select the SL(X)S (X being the region) file this is the game's executable the game should start with the codes you selected enabled
HAPPY CHEATING

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used a different tutorial on youtube it is very similar other than it doesn't use Imgburn, but both the other tutorial and this when I add codes to Siren (USA) I just get black screen when I try to boot the game.

I wonder if maybe there is some cheat protection in that game because other games it works fine. But even if I try just loading the game without loading codebreaker first, it still black screens.

Also is there any way to add codes to a PAL game Valkyrie Profile 2 only PAL version working on PS3 Slims.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know bout PAL cause I had a NTSC-U system but cb should be universal with NTSC-U+J and PAL as i do not think the elf (or the official Disc for that matter) is region locked i even wonder if the PS2 homebrew alt Cheat device will work?.....reading how CD works I highly doubt it but if someone with a ps3 wants to try.....https://github.com/root670/CheatDevicePS2/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr