Votes: 13 8.9%

• Total voters

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably knew the moment it was posted. The question is can they do anything about it without banning thousands of innocent users in the process. Nintendo really screwed themselves by keeping the LFCS in movable.sed.

Hiding behind innocent users didn't work very well for SuMo leakers and those who got it early.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, not comparable at all. If they fight this LFCS method, they'll ban thousands of people who have never even heard of homebrew or touched SUMO before. The belief that stores send all the 3DSes that are returned to them back to Nintendo is inaccurate.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I recently transferred a friends O3DS to a N3DS (vanilla, he's leaving it be for now). I dumped the O3DS LFCS before and after the transfer...and it's the same in a hex editor. Wouldn't this mean two can be online at the same time? I would think post transfer the O3DS would generate a new one, unless it's system bound and the N3DS has it's own (I'm unable to check, obviously). My theory was to use two spare DS's and generate as many LFCS as I need by transferring once a week.

So there is another file that is getting transferred--and it may be known, but I'm not the most knowledgeable here. Curious though, has anyone tried taking a banned DS LFCS and using it on an unbanned system to see what happens?

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious though, has anyone tried taking a banned DS LFCS and using it on an unbanned system to see what happens?
Yes, it gets banned too. LFCS isn't generated by sys transfer, it only gets moved. Despite popular claims to the contrary, I've yet to see proof anyone but Nintendo can create an LFCS. They maybe could ban every LFCS used by multiple comsoles, but as I mentioned earlier, that would cause a lot of collateral damage.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it gets banned too. LFCS isn't generated by sys transfer, it only gets moved. Despite popular claims to the contrary, I've yet to see proof anyone but Nintendo can create an LFCS. They maybe could ban every LFCS used by multiple comsoles, but as I mentioned earlier, that would cause a lot of collateral damage.

I was under the assumption it was moved to the new system, and then the transferring system created a new one. As it stands now, you're correct--if they ban one, they ban multiple consoles. Seems strange.

JoshFrigmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried formatting after this method in an attempt to unlink the nnid? Just curious if there is hope for getting a new nnid.

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried formatting after this method in an attempt to unlink the nnid? Just curious if there is hope for getting a new nnid.
EDIT: Take the following with a grain of salt
I haven't tried it, but I don't think it's that simple. Supposedly if you transfer your banned system to another system it will regenerate fresh certs that match your randomized serial which will then allow you to relink a new id to the source system, although the target will not be able to link an id anymore
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...using-system-transfer-requires-2-3dss.450388/

There's also the method Joom has been attention-whoring with, but it requires a custom version of Luma built by someone other than Aurora Wright, which is obviously a really bad idea.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

Yamakawa Bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well Nintendo support gave me this method to unlink nnid without formatting, never heard of it before.

1. Go to the system’s HOME menu. Select “System Settings,” then select “Nintendo Network ID Settings.”
2. Select “Sign In.” Enter the password associated to the Nintendo Network ID, then “Confirm.”
3. The error message (“You cannot use this Nintendo Network ID on this console”) will appear on the screen.
4. While the error message is onscreen, hold down the X button and Y button, and tap “OK.”
5. Select “Yes” to unlink the Nintendo Network ID from the system.
6. You will receive a message that the NNID link has been removed. Tap “OK” to return to the system settings.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

javiside

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!, is there a method or anything to prevent getting banned?
Playing with the WIFI off? or what else can we do?

What are the benefits or extra features of playing online?
Thanks!

lww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well Nintendo support gave me this method to unlink nnid without formatting, never heard of it before.

1. Go to the system’s HOME menu. Select “System Settings,” then select “Nintendo Network ID Settings.”
2. Select “Sign In.” Enter the password associated to the Nintendo Network ID, then “Confirm.”
3. The error message (“You cannot use this Nintendo Network ID on this console”) will appear on the screen.
4. While the error message is onscreen, hold down the X button and Y button, and tap “OK.”
5. Select “Yes” to unlink the Nintendo Network ID from the system.
6. You will receive a message that the NNID link has been removed. Tap “OK” to return to the system settings.

tried and didn't work

lww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
also injecting nnidsave.bin gets rid of the nnid period.

:unsure:injecting nnidsave.bin will eventually throw my current NNID away right?

Still waiting for the unlink possibility to save my puechase and pokebank

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure:injecting nnidsave.bin will eventually throw my current NNID away right?

Still waiting for the unlink possibility to save my puechase and pokebank
not eventually, it does it instantly. If you did this you don't have an nnid rn

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:hateit:So I still waiting somebaody find a way to save the account,or nintendo will unban me in tommorrow
There isn't. Your Pokebank and previous purchases are gone forever. It sucks ass, but you'll be a lot happier just accepting that and moving on. Pour one out for the millions of Pokémon stranded forever in Pokebank...

lww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There isn't. Your Pokebank and previous purchases are gone forever. It sucks ass, but you'll be a lot happier just accepting that and moving on. Pour one out for the millions of Pokémon stranded forever in Pokebank...
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wish God bless them and wish miracle will happen tomorrow:nayps3:

javiside

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't play the game online before it comes out. Thats it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Wish God bless them and wish miracle will happen tomorrow:nayps3:
In the meantime, use pksm as a replacement bank. It allows direct banking of pokemon gens 4-7, which is way higher compatibility than pokebank.

SaffronXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, I'm gonna summarize the 3 actions I think Nintendo took with this banwave, please correct me or add to this or call me an idiot or whatever.

1. The console id is blacklisted. This causes the 022-2812 error when trying to access the eshop, miiverse, or when trying to manage your NNID.

2. The LFCS active on the console has its access revoked. This is what causes online game play to fail.

3.The NNID linked to the console gets a black mark on Nintendo's internal servers that prevents both you and customer service from linking it to another 3DS.

Did I miss something?

EDIT I should mention that the inability to add or link a new NNID is a side effect of the unbanning process, due to the ctcerts not matching the new randomized id, and isn't technically a direct action taken by Nintendo.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
3.The NNID linked to the console gets a black mark on Nintendo's internal servers that prevents both you and customer service from linking it to another 3DS.
ID is not marked, but you cannot link to another 3DS because you have to unlink it first from your console server-side and you can't do this because your 3DS cannot connect to servers. You can delete it from your 3DS but "locally", only from machine but this is useless...
Maybe asking to Nintendo to unlink it and relink it to another 3DS works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo