Hacking [Tutorial] How to install "Clean" CIA Games onto Sysnand Using Gateway

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rare preinstalled game. At least, I believe it doesn't have a ticket that isn't tied to the system. How would I extract it and turn it into a .cia that would work in this manner?

japram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you unlinked them by formatting the sysnand, just restore the nand backup you made before it if you have one.

Thanks a ton, work like a charm after restoring my sysnand backup before unlinked with emunand. now i have everything without messing my data profile to able install legit pre-installed game.

**sysnand HOME - i create a folder to hide my cia emunand :)

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

krikkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can we install these just by not having emunand on the sd card and just booting into gateway mode on sysnand and installing via devmenu/bbb?

yeah, you can, just run gateway on a compatible console, start bbb-menu.3ds via gateway and install to sysnand... but only if you have not setup emunand on the sd-card before...

Reactions: omegart

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we install these just by not having emunand on the sd card and just booting into gateway mode on sysnand and installing via devmenu/bbb?

Assuming you have a way to run the red card in gateway mode while in Sysnand you can probably install the CIA straight to Sysnand but that seems risky. thats why I have you install in emunand first to confirm it works and simply attempt the install in Sysnand afterwards just so it can show up.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions:
- Can it run on New 3ds?
- After install I can reboot and the game sill on system nand,. I don't need boot to emunand anymore?
- How many game can do that?

New3ds im not so sure you can try and see how it goes and you can reboot the console whenever you want and the game will be there to play without cfw or flashcards

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rare preinstalled game. At least, I believe it doesn't have a ticket that isn't tied to the system. How would I extract it and turn it into a .cia that would work in this manner?
Hmmm extract it as a ticket.db and convert it using funkycia2 and try following these steps. I dont have any pre installed games "personally" but pokemon X all my CIA's are from another source.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intersting, still a very risky guide that I wouldn't recommend unless you REALLY know what you're doing

I think I'll always take the slow route into getting into EmuNAND to play CIAs as any file you install is pretty dangerous

Since your nands are linked Sysnand already knows the game is there but can't run it thats why attempting the second install while in Sysnand fails immediately because the game is already installed this forces sysnand to display the game
Check step 8

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install the cia's, if I never had the games preinstalled on my system?

Yes you can as long as they were pre-installed versions of the game you should be able to install them assuming no modifications were done to them and they were generated from a valid ticket on your console using funkycia2

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can as long as they were pre-installed versions of the game you should be able to install them assuming no modifications were done to them and they were generated from a valid ticket on your console using funkycia2
So they have be made using funkycia2? What if I never had the games installed?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question, can I update the 3ds up to 9.6 and still play the cia games just like normal cias?

I would assume yes since the games are installed to your sd card and work fine while in Sysnand on 9.2 as if they were bundled games if someone has a nand mod and does not mind trying that would be nice.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they have be made using funkycia2?

Yes thats correct extract the game as a ticket.db (Use rxtools?) and convert it into a CIA using funkycia2 (though ive never done this too save myself time) I find downloading them from megaupload is much faster.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I attempted installing a CIA to a freshly formatted SD Card to simulate a friends SD card (Probably on a higher firmware) that was inserted into my console while in Sysnand (gateway mode) if someone with 2 3ds's with different NNID's please attempt this if it works FREE GAMES FOR EVERYONE!
(or at least the games that are on this list.)
Edit: According to DjoeN this does not work though I will attempt it myself if I can)
HoTr8xT.jpg

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thats correct extract the game as a ticket.db (Use rxtools?) and convert it into a CIA using funkycia2 (though ive never done this too save myself time) I find downloading them from megaupload is much faster.
So if I download the cia's from the list from a specific website, would they work even if I never had them preinstalled on my N3DS?

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I download the cia's from the list from a specific website, would they work even if I never had them preinstalled on my N3DS?

N3DS im not so sure since they were never apart of any N3DS bundle but you could try and tell us the results but thats super risky since N3DS has no nand mods yet

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS im not so sure since they were never apart of any N3DS bundle but you could try and tell us the results but thats super risky since N3DS has no nand mods yet
Would the cia's on the list downloaded from a specific website work if installed in sysNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1