ChristopherMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've already finished LittleBigPlanet and you wish that you could share and download the custom levels without updating your firmware, you're in luck because there is a way
smile.gif

This is a temporary solution, made by me, to share custom levels without updating your PSP's firmware.

About FullMoon: FullMoon includes all of the level files, as well as the FECONFIG.BIN file. All that you need to do is drag the files to "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE" and be sure that you replace the FECONFIG.BIN file, or else it won't work.

Tip: Try to be sure that your levels have a custom icon, otherwise it will be very hard to tell which levels are used, and which ones aren't.

Tip: Make a .txt file and put it in the "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE" folder so you can easily keep track of which slots are used, and which ones are not.

Version 1.00: DOWNLOAD

To Download Levels:
[*]Click on the link in the "Attached Files" box at the "Link" section of a post.[*]Click on "Save" when the dialog box pops up.[*]Open the ZIP file with a program such as WinRAR or jZIP.[*]Copy the 5 files to the "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE" folder on your memory stick. To Share Levels:
[*]Make a level on LittleBigPlanet, then save it.[*]Exit out of LittleBigPlanet and connect your PSP to a computer via USB.[*]Go to "X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\UCES01264PROFILE."There are 5 files for each level:
Code:
xx.CBF
xx.LBF
xx.LVL
xx.MBF
xx.MIP
Each level has a number/letter/number and letter combination (xx), which indicates which slot it uses (which part of a crater on the moon.)
  • Put these files into a Zip folder ([Title of your level].zip)
  • Go to , and upload your ZIP file with your level.
  • Make sure that your zip file contains 5 files, each of which have the same name (Example: 58.CBF 58.LBF, 58.LVL, 58.MBF and 58.MIP)
When submitting a level on this forum, try to follow this format:
Code:
Level: [Level Name]
Author: [Your Name]
Theme: [Blank, Down Under, Orient, Bazaar, etc.]
Size: [x kb or x mb (as it appears on LittleBigPlanet)]
Version: [x.xx (just in case you make changes to the level)]
Description: [Anything else you want to add in]
Picture: [Please add a screenshot if you can to show your level]
Link: [File location from [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/[/URL]]
Don't forget to add the file link with your post, containing a ZIP file with the 5 files!

Example:
Code:
Level: Test 1
Author: ChrisMims
Theme: Snow
Size: 160 kb
Version: 1.00
Description: This is my first level made on LittleBigPlanet. Enjoy :) EDIT: This test file is not playable, unless you are using FullMoon.
Picture: None. Sorry :p
Link: [URL="http://uploading.com/files/aabe8121/Test%2B1.zip/"]Test 1.zip[/URL]

FAQ:

Q: I already have a level numbered "xx," but I want to keep it, and add a new one. What should I do?
A:Just change the number from "xx" to "yy," for example. I don't know how high the numbers can be, so try to keep them low.

Q: Why can't I just use the "Publish" option on LittleBigPlanet?
A: You can, but it will require you to update your firmware for the PlayStation Network, which will get rid of your custom firmware, if you are using one.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not really creative =( I can't make nice levels, the only thing I managed to make so far is a super fast sheep driving thing.
Anyway, pretty cool that it works this way
smile.gif

I won't really submit any levels myself, but I'll hope some creative tempers will
tongue.gif

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ok i can't really get it to work, i couldn't find UCES01264PROFILE folder so i created my own, i put all the files in the link including the bin file and it shows a corrupt folder and i can't connect online to download levels and there are no levels in the downloaded levels section, any ideas?
frown.gif

EDIT: ok i think it worked, it was called UCUS98744PROFILE on mine, anyone know where i can get some levels?

ChristopherMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onibaku said:
ok i can't really get it to work, i couldn't find UCES01264PROFILE folder so i created my own, i put all the files in the link including the bin file and it shows a corrupt folder and i can't connect online to download levels and there are no levels in the downloaded levels section, any ideas?
frown.gif

EDIT: ok i think it worked, it was called UCUS98744PROFILE on mine, anyone know where i can get some levels?
Glad it worked. I guess that the folder I'd varies. As long as it ends in PROFILE and it has a picture of the LittleBigPlanet icon, it's fine.
There is a test file that I provided in the first post.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ah ok thanks a lot for this
smile.gif
but in the test file are there just blank levels? They're all like the same size and i checked out one and it was blank

ChristopherMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onibaku said:
smile.gif
but in the test file are there just blank levels? They're all like the same size and i checked out one and it was blank
All of the levels in the FullMoon are blank. You can edit them and play with, just like normal levels. The Test 1.zip file is a real level that I was working on that you can test for yourself
smile.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Once I've moved into the new place, I can get cracking on finishing the couple of Mario type levels I started..

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ChristopherMims said:
onibaku said:
smile.gif
All of the levels in the FullMoon are blank. You can edit them and play with, just like normal levels. The Test 1.zip file is a real level that I was working on that you can test for yourself
smile.gif

ah ok awesome thanks
biggrin.gif

LBPMods

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onibaku said:
ok i think it worked, it was called UCUS98744PROFILE on mine, anyone know where i can get some levels?
There is a forum, started by ChrisMims (aka ChristopherMims) and xKaikz to share levels, provide news about LBP, and FullMoon updates, etc. in my sig.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt