Homebrew [Tutorial] Downgrading from 11.2 with fasthax

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need some help .-.
Im following the 3dsGuide and I already did this part ¨Section III - Configuring Luma3DS¨ i got a black screen (And after that the normal 3ds system menu) so I go to the next part, is ¨Section IV - Restoring the System¨ the first step says ¨Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot¨ but my system keep on taking me to 3ds menu... Any Idea to resolve this?? Or what i'm doing wrong? (Sorry for bad english) btw old 3ds xl on 2.1.0-4U
It sounds like your system hasn't actually gotten A9LH running, as your symptoms imply nothing being loaded by A9LH.

So either it can't find a payload to run or you don't have it at all.

Reactions: monito uchiha

monito uchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like your system hasn't actually gotten A9LH running, as your symptoms imply nothing being loaded by A9LH.

So either it can't find a payload to run or you don't have it at all.
Im goig to check to whole structure of the sd, and try again... btw i remember two paste 2 files inside the payloads folder.....(luma/payloads/) let me check

Gilgastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in a very similar position. im on Configuring Luma3DS but it says failed to mount ctrnand press any button to shutdown then the next step says press start on boot to Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot but I keep getting the same faild to mount ctrnand

monito uchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im in a very similar position. im on Configuring Luma3DS but it says failed to mount ctrnand press any button to shutdown then the next step says press start on boot to Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot but I keep getting the same faild to mount ctrnand
the guide says
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section
but probably we are doing something wrong.... (I probably go back to my normal firmaware whith any modification ;/ )

Lord_Kater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would also be happy about a "save 11.2 to 9.2 guide".
I mostly know what I am doing. But I don't want to hardmod my 3ds in the worst case... ;)

Lord_Kater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to do a "9.2.0 ctrtransfer" instead of "2.1.0 ctrtransfer" for just downgrading to 9.2 without A9LH? I know the pros of A9LH but still don't want to change.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Does this work for 11.0.0 as well? I'm assuming it will, but I want to be extra careful.

Gilgastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guide says
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section
but probably we are doing something wrong.... (I probably go back to my normal firmaware whith any modification ;/ )

Probably a little late but i had to make sure all my files i downloaded were renamed so that might be your issue as well i didnt have one of my files renamed correctly

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are SysNAND Backups created on New 3DS v11.2 via FastHax > SafeHax launching Decrypt9 actually valid dumps? I'm wondering why no guides I've seen recommend NAND dumps prior to downgrade, now that it's possible. The dumps do have data in them and I did get 2 identical dumps.

Last edited by Home_Rowed,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are SysNAND Backups created on New 3DS v11.2 via FastHax > SafeHax launching Decrypt9 actually valid dumps? I'm wondering why no guides I've seen recommend NAND dumps prior to downgrade, now that it's possible. The dumps do have data in them and I did get 2 identical dumps.
3ds.guide tells you to...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__