Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

robod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is all working, thanks for the tutorial!
I just have a question. I installed the cfw on a 4gb microSD with and adapter. I have some 1,6gb+ cia games so I cannot install them. Can I buy another microSD (or SD) of a bigger capacity and just copy the 4gb microSD contet (where I suppose is the cfw) to the new one?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a question. I installed the cfw on a 4gb microSD with and adapter. I have some 1,6gb+ cia games so I cannot install them. Can I buy another microSD (or SD) of a bigger capacity and just copy the 4gb microSD contet (where I suppose is the cfw) to the new one?

Yes and no. I'm actually in the same predicament (see my above post). The problem is that emunand/cfw is installed into a partition that's unlabeled (undetected by disk software), and seems to contain a partition table or something. So when you try to transfer it copies over the fat partition's size. You could easily re-install the CFW on your new card, and then copy over the files.

robod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes and no. I'm actually in the same predicament (see my above post). The problem is that emunand/cfw is installed into a partition that's unlabeled (undetected by disk software), and seems to contain a partition table or something. So when you try to transfer it copies over the fat partition's size. You could easily re-install the CFW on your new card, and then copy over the files.

Oh, I understand
Thanks bro! :)

Xelnok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally managed to get it to ctrconnect to go through but the result-code is never 0, done it a few times with the same result, any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

Dragonl89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried this for a while and i really just don't want to struggle with it anymore... Can someone help me out with just one more question? I would like to know how to revert back to 9.2. I have my nand back up but i'm unsure on how to actually use it.

Dayfid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not a problem anymore .
But I still only can be in CFW for 10 seconds, then it freezes.

I was having a freezing issue too.
After getting into CFW, which took a few tries, it would soon freeze up every time.
Even if I just let it sit there, after a little bit it would freeze up.

Not only have I not had freezing in the last few times I used it, but now it seems I can boot into CFW way more easily too.

Here are the things I did, but I don't know which, if any, improved the situation:

1. Made sure that sysnand was reformatted after CFW was installed and working.
2. I turned on the WiFi switch quickly after getting into CFW. (I doubt this made a difference, however.. and be careful not to leave it on too long or after restarting.)
3. I quickly went into DevMenu and installed a CIA file before the freezing happened. (Had a freeze the first time I tried this with just "Formatting" on the screen but no progress. Second time had a successful .CIA install.)
4. I also tried quickly going into some other menus.. like settings and such. (If I understand correctly, you should NOT enter "Data Management" and leaving Settings will put you back on SysNand.)

I wish I knew what did it, if it was anything I did, but there are some things you can try.

Sorry if this turns out to be of no help.

TheITMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install the 4.5 CFW, and I'm able to boot into it with no problem, but I am not able to get any .cia's to launch. I installed a 4.5 compatible rom through DevMenu, and went back to the homescreen, unwrapped it. When I launched it, it hangs on the Nintendo 3DS screen, and I also tried launching the rom from DevMenu (it also just hangs, but on a black screen).

Edit: Never mind.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You'd need to image the entire thing (including the 1 GB emuNAND partition) which is kind of annoying. Follow the guide again to remake the SD, but then just copy the old SD to the new SD when you're done.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tryed it, but I failed at the part where I should run the .bat file.
I modified it to my Ip:(192.168.43.166)(is from 3ds)
But I get:
Failed to connect.

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not much luck with my attempts. I have my original 3DS still on 4.5.0E.
I installed the DS Profile exploit, successfully set up and launched an emuNAND, but haven't had any success updating it.
Multiple update attempts were met with unexpected errors, when it did finally finish installation, I wound up finding Classic mode unable to boot.

Would any fault lie with trying to use Gateway Launcher beta v3.02 instead of MT Card?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can we use the Gateway exploit and Launcher instead of MT Card? then maybe we can use Gateway Red Card to play on emuNAND?

Another quastion, when we are in 9.2 emuNAND mode can I play original games? card?

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am having a few issues.

First, after following the 9.4 emunand instructions, I end up with a black screen after installing the update from the settings menu. The initial firmware works fine, only after updating does it no longer work.

Second, while trying to get the CFW set up, I am also running into the issue of not being able to connect to the 3DS while trying to install the CIA file. I have my IP settings correct and WNetWatcher sees my 3DS as being online. I did hold L. I cannot figure this out.

If it helps any, I am on Windows 8.1 and my router is a TP Link.

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Is possible to install the DevMenu without holding the L button while launching the CFW? My L button is broken, I'm waiting for a flex cable replacement :unsure:

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is possible to install the DevMenu without holding the L button while launching the CFW? My L button is broken, I'm waiting for a flex cable replacement :unsure:
If you do not hold L you wont activate some kind of network in 3DS/CFW to receive the DevMenu that you will send to your 3DS.

Aurelio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, thank you for the tutorial. I'm trying to install the cfw, but when I execute run.bat the 3DS ask me to update the console to complete the transfer... What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all +1