tut for making hacked kernels

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by aadz93, Jan 24, 2012.

Jan 24, 2012

tut for making hacked kernels by aadz93 at 9:49 PM (521 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. aadz93
    OP

Newcomer aadz93 Member

United States
    i was wondering how do homebrew developers make customs/hacked kernels for the dstt

2. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    you must learn some difficult things
    ask FAST6191 he is the smartest on those things :)

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    To be able to load ROMs on a flash card, you need to know EXACTLY how every component in the card works, and how to use those to make the DS think there is a legitimate game inserted. It is very challenging (hence there are very few community made kernels - most flashcard companies don't release details of their hardware, or source for their official software, so it's very hard). You have to know a LOT about low level programming and hardware and stuff before you could even begin to think about doing something like this. Suffice to say, if you don't already possess most of the needed skills, by the time you learnt the DS would probably be long, long dead.

4. Joel16

Member Joel16 Be lost in an eternal illusion.

United States
    i have treid this to my cart, i looked through the codings but i cant seem to edit the kernel files either, this will take years of programming school :P